Sign in to follow this  
yallu

Which payware aircrafts have shared cockpit feature?

In addition to maddog, which (complex) payware aircrafts have shared cockpit functionality? Are there any payware aircrafts you know are going to have it later (as an upgrade)? You know of any future new releases that are planning to have it? Just trying to figure out what planes there are for me and my friend to buy for flying together... Thanks.

Guest njflyer

The lotussim L39 has shared cockpit, great airplane...

Guest PPSFA

I doubt you get much of a response to your question, it seems most developers are ignoring this FSX feature, which is a shame.Having said that, some planes do have limited SP functionality even though they wern't designed for it. I use the ES CJ1 which works well with the basics, AP, flight controls, etc. I'm sure you already know all the default planes work well.

Guest DeskPilot

It is a stretch to call it "complex", but the Aerosoft Twin Otter was designed for and tested in shared cockpit.In some ways it is better than most, in that the drag of beta range (drag created by constant speed props at low power settings) is modeled; an interesting fact is that the real world aircraft is designed to give the pilot the option to actually put the engines into full reverse thrust in midair. Throttle lag is also modeled; though it is disconcerting that throttle reductions take just as long to take effect as increases. Not sure if that part is accurate.Definitely not the fastest kid on the block. Also not exactly "systems intensive", and plenty of systems the Twin Otter does have aren't modeled; but it is a lot of fun to drop twenty people into a feild more accustomed to much smaller craft.The one issue I have found with shared cockpit is that if you run into a yahoo that is using a pirated version or hasn't bothered to update their plane; when you attempt to share cockpits it will do worse than not work; your aircraft operations will become impaired and will only be fixed by restarting FSX. Lotussim has completely avoided this problem with their L-39 by changing the name of every variant with every update, but Aerosoft dropped the ball at least with the second update. Hopefully V3 of the Twotter has resolved it, but I don't know for sure yet.Donald Traill

Guest ziporama

Leonardo Maddog I think has it as well.

Any Shared Cockpit experience with Aerosoft's Catalina? Does it work good enough or are there show stopper incompatibilities?

Leonardo Maddog I think has it as well.
It does: many shared cockpit users on the LSH Maddog site.http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.