Sign in to follow this  
Guest Macs

Any other panels as sophisticated as PSS (Phoenix)?

Guest creber1

Downloaded the Phoenix panels for Airbus, Boeing 777 and B744. Phantastic!! Wonder how I ever did with panels not as great as these...Are there any other panels as sophisticated - in graphic representation and in functionality - around, payware or freeware? I am especially interested in the Airbus 330 and 340, Boeing 737 and 757/767, but also some commuters like CRJ, F50 or DH8.If they come with any plane, fine with me, I can still "extract" the panel.THanks for any hintCR

hi,I sure hope you purchased then downloaded and not just downloaded from someone for free, anyway I can point you to www.precisionmanuals.com they have a great 737 panel (which is part of a package) BTW this panel is much more realistic and accurate than the PSS panels. (not to bash pss in any way as I own all their aircraft) :-)Andrew

Guest Muppet22

Buy the 767 Pilot in Command package and you'll wonder how you managed with PSS panels.

Guest Howard

Dreamfleet 737. PIC A320,(if you have a fairly powerful machine and like virtual cockpits).RegardsHoward

Guest BAW894

HiTry the Eurowings BAe 146-200, I cant stop flying the darn thing.

Guest creber1

Thanks for those hints!! Yes, I PURCHASED the PSS packages including the planes, although for the 744 and the 777 I prefer the POSKY and Meljet planes.Anyone knows of a good A340 panel?Cheers

Guest Lobaeux4

For complexity, I don't think you can beat the Dash 8 from Oleksiy Frolov. It's freeware, here at AVSIM you can get it. As far as systems modeling, best out there that I've tried, bar none. Sorry guys, I think it beats the PIC 767 as well. Now, it doesn't have a working FMC (yet, it's being developed right now), but as far as systems modeling, nothing comes close.Lobaeux

>but as far as systems modeling, nothing comesNot sure how you can say so. 767PIC remains the only panel on the market that has modelled number of most common failures to date. Also the system modelling accuracy was confirmed by more than one real-life 767/757 pilot - there are number of them on the PIC forum and they come from different airlines. Some of them like Capt. BBall wrote 20+ pages review of the product and it does mean something. So despite all the hyperbole there is simply no FS-compatible product with the same trail of "paperwork" and pedigree as the 767PIC. On the general aviation side the product that may eventually develop the same type of following is Flight's Piper Meridian.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Guest Martin

>PI767 and now PMDG 737NG are the must haves...by which I mean>complex packages which arent dummed down.Then maybe you can define "dummed down"?Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

"PSS have not made a "complex" package to date."*cough cough*Excuse me? :-xxrotflmao That's a good one!

>PSS have not made a "complex" package to date. 80% of the>switches on all their panels are dummy switches.Don't know what PMDG has done so far, but PSS's switches seem to work, e. g. fuel system etc.Errhhh... What do you expect the cabin temperature selector to do in FS? Turn up your heat in your room?