Sign in to follow this  
Guest Macs

Any other panels as sophisticated as PSS (Phoenix)?

Could be done. Just link the switch to a brogram that overstresses the processor and the room temprature will rise. :-)I also like the fasten safety belts and no smoking switches that go 'Bing'. Very usefull... ahem. Are there any rolplayers that actually use these switches?-Good engine startup procedure and monitoring-Groundpower, APC and battery correctly implemented-Functional FMC-Good airfile-Accurate modelWhat more do you need?

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest Marvel

check out also Airbus A310 by Simulation Software Workshop > www.simsoftworkshop.com

I dare say a lot of will...if and when they ever hit one of their numerous release dates.

But following that logic, there'd never be any need for any controls other than the basic MSFS ones. All engine starts could be Ctl-E and away you go. However, if someone wants to use an add-on aircraft/panel as a procedural trainer, then every switch/button/rotary/lever should at least animate and give the proper audio response if required. I'd also like to see it integrated with the other aircraft systems. If a system is activated that requires a draw on aircraft power, I'd expect to see that effect modelled in the panels electrical system, even though we all know that MSFS is not really modelling this. This is possible with a lot of add-ons (PIC/DF/RFP/Frolov Dash-8) but PSS have a tendancy to stick non-animated graphic images on their panels when they have no direct requirement for managing the FS aircraft. That makes them great fun to fly around, but it leaves those who want to follow realistic procedures somewhat bereft.What would the temp controls and bing-bong switches do on a level-D simulator costing millions? Nothing, but they are still there so that crews can ensure they are following the correct procedures. I like PSS' products (I have them all) but I do feel that they are a little like Diet-Pepsi compared to real Coke.

Guest Martin

>I do feel that they are a little like Diet-Pepsi compared to>real Coke.You are going way too far here! A more accurate comparison would be high fructose corn syrup Coke compared to real Coke (i.e. Coke with sugar).Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

won't repeat all above ..three awesome regionals:Aerosoft's ATR 42/72 Payware . Espen

John,I wouldn't tell that like it was gospel.The PIC-team, Wade, Eric, Laurent and Pedro might very well be redoing the 767PIC. The recent comments from Wade and Laurent have made me believe so. (my interpretation, that is)These guys are not stupid. Their addon is the single most complex and realistic airliner package ever produced for FS. The supporter group of PIC767 is BIG, and if they happen to release an FS2004 patch OR an entirely new product, I'm sure it will be torn out of the virtual shelves in NO time.So, new PICers. Go ahead and just buy it! You will not regret it.On the other hand, if you're used to half-baked aircraft, and not oriented in flying "as real as it gets", then you might be a bit disappointed. PIC767 is no toy, it's a training aid, and it has taken me almost THREE (yes, three) years to start flying it like the line pilots do with the real deal. Tero

PPL(A)

Guest WorkingStiff

>won't repeat all above ..>>three awesome regionals:>>Aerosoft's ATR 42/72 Payware . >>Espen

Guest WorkingStiff

Thanks Gosta.The file is not currently available for download but I'll try again later. Those screenshots are great!Are there any problems merging the Dream Wings aircraft with this panel?

Guest WorkingStiff

Gosta,FYI, I managed to successful merge the Fokker 50 Project panel with the Dream Wings aircraft. The merge involved cutting and pasting data from both config files but I think I have everything sorted out now except for the lights. I'll be taking a look at that later but the plane flies like a dream.

Guest Timbo

Right now though, nothing (for FS2002), including PIC, is certified for real training so they're all equal as far as the FAA sees it and in that case, I don't see why Cabin Temperature switches would greatly enhance or detract from a product. I hate to say it, but on a whole, the majority of people who strive to fly the most realistic FS heavies are simmers themselves and not airline pilots. (I know there are some exceptions)[table][tr][td]http://timbo87.home.comcast.net/sig/vulc.jpg[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table

Well Tim,Your observation about us simmers not being airline pilots is a nice one! It wasn't exactly a newsflash.Obviously, if I was to fly for real in a Boeing 757 regularly, I wouldn't be so enthusiastic about PIC767. But I am not, and PIC delivers the kind of atmosphere that I know exists on the real flight deck. I have flown a level-D Boeing757 simulator for a couple of hours, and did it without a problem, thanks to PIC767. None of the FS2002 addons are FAA (or JAR) certified, but that doesn't mean that they aren't highly educative and useful. The most sophisticated aircraft panel ever released is PIC767, and its extensive and ACCURATE systems modelling makes it a training aid for many REAL B757/767 pilots. While they're not allowed to officially benefit anything from their personal training with PIC, they will demonstrate the additional training in simrides and hopefully also in situations where the procedural skills are needed in a real-life emergency.There are sophisticated panels (like PSS) for FS2k2, and then there is The Most _sophisticated_ panel for FS2k2 which is PIC767.regards,Tero

PPL(A)

>Well Tim,>>Your observation about us simmers not being airline pilots is>a nice one! It wasn't exactly a newsflash.>>Obviously, if I was to fly for real in a Boeing 757 regularly,>I wouldn't be so enthusiastic about PIC767. But I am not, and>PIC delivers the kind of atmosphere that I know exists on the>real flight deck. I have flown a level-D Boeing757 simulator>for a couple of hours, and did it without a problem, thanks to>PIC767. None of the FS2002 addons are FAA (or JAR) certified,>but that doesn't mean that they aren't highly educative and>useful. The most sophisticated aircraft panel ever released is>PIC767, and its extensive and ACCURATE systems modelling makes>it a training aid for many REAL B757/767 pilots. While they're>not allowed to officially benefit anything from their personal>training with PIC, they will demonstrate the additional>training in simrides and hopefully also in situations where>the procedural skills are needed in a real-life emergency.>>There are sophisticated panels (like PSS) for FS2k2, and then>there is The Most _sophisticated_ panel for FS2k2 which is>PIC767.>>regards,>Tero>I got to say that after reading the stuff on the SSW A310-300 and looking at what Aviograsf is doing with there A340, I think we will have better aircraft packages all around than the PIC 767. I mean Avigrasf is accuratley modeling Airbus's green, yellow and blue systems when dealing with hydraulics and what not along with being able to control the air temp in each zone of the aircraft along with a ton of other stuff so there are much more sophisticated panels coming.

Eric