Sign in to follow this  
ExternalUse

Force Feedback while AP engaged

Dear all,sorry to bother you with such mundane post as my first one, but it annoys me somewhat.I'm using a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro, which with I'm normally sort of happy with when flying. It uses a sensor to apply feedback only once it senses the hand on the control. Now, when I touch it in preparation to take over from AP, I can feel that quite a force is applied to the JS, normally to the lower-left quadrant. Sometimes I really struggle to keep it centered, it even disconnects the AP sometimes because of control spikes (sometimes, I loose that fight...) In many cases I have to make the sensor believe I haven't touched it to eliminate the force and get it back centered.I'm using the FSX version of the 747 and also have a registered version of FSUIPC.I'd really appreciate any tipps or setup things I ought to check for correctness. I believe the calibration itself to be allright, though. I can't recall that to happen with any of the default planes.Many thanks for your comments,Stefan Kunstmann-- H/B744/Q D-ABVH "Berlin"

Dear all,sorry to bother you with such mundane post as my first one, but it annoys me somewhat.I'm using a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro, which with I'm normally sort of happy with when flying. It uses a sensor to apply feedback only once it senses the hand on the control. Now, when I touch it in preparation to take over from AP, I can feel that quite a force is applied to the JS, normally to the lower-left quadrant. Sometimes I really struggle to keep it centered, it even disconnects the AP sometimes because of control spikes (sometimes, I loose that fight...) In many cases I have to make the sensor believe I haven't touched it to eliminate the force and get it back centered.I'm using the FSX version of the 747 and also have a registered version of FSUIPC.I'd really appreciate any tipps or setup things I ought to check for correctness. I believe the calibration itself to be allright, though. I can't recall that to happen with any of the default planes.Many thanks for your comments,Stefan Kunstmann-- H/B744/Q D-ABVH "Berlin"
Heya Stefan,I never used that particular JS, but mine was too sensitive also and had to turn the settings down in windows control panel.ff.gif

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thanks for the answer, Dan.Unfortunately, I don't have those options in my control panel, and the software that comes with the Joystick doesn't like XP. Additionally confusing is, that it does not always happen, sometimes there is no force applied when the AP is in charge, although I can feel force coming on if I start to twist the stick in either direction. But sometimes, it nearly breaks my wrist! Weird... Probably nothing to do with the PMDG though.I'll probably have to invest in something like the Saitek range - the guys using those say they wouldn't even miss Force Feedback... There goes another hundred pounds or so... Wouldn't be the first one for this hobby, although I only have it for about 1.5 month.Many thanks,Stefan