Sign in to follow this  
Guest Climb1

744 Pax CRTs go blank after about 30 seconds

Guest Climb1

HiI had an issue recently with another piece of FS software which in the end I was only able to cure by ridding myself of Vista's rubbish "virtual store". Unfortunately since then I have been having a problem with PMDG's 747-400.Whenever I load up the aircraft, either straight from FS start page or changing to the 74 after using something like a cessna, all is well at first. The aircraft loads up and the displays are fine. But after about 30-40 seconds the CRTs go completely blank. At first I thought it was an electrical issue but even when I tried to activate the APU the "APU GEN1/2" switches dont illuminate. Therefore I can only assume there is a problem with the panel itself.Sure enough this problem does not seem to occur with the Cargo version. In facrt I have noticed through an earlier search that somebody had the same issue but resolved it themselves....http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...mp;hl=CRT+blankSorry guys, im not too much of a computer whizz so I dont have a clue about registries etc.Can somebody please explain to me how I can fix this? Is there an easier way other than the one above? Also what causes the problem?Any info and suggestions would be great.ThanksWayne

HiI had an issue recently with another piece of FS software which in the end I was only able to cure by ridding myself of Vista's rubbish "virtual store". Unfortunately since then I have been having a problem with PMDG's 747-400.Whenever I load up the aircraft, either straight from FS start page or changing to the 74 after using something like a cessna, all is well at first. The aircraft loads up and the displays are fine. But after about 30-40 seconds the CRTs go completely blank. At first I thought it was an electrical issue but even when I tried to activate the APU the "APU GEN1/2" switches dont illuminate. Therefore I can only assume there is a problem with the panel itself.Sure enough this problem does not seem to occur with the Cargo version. In facrt I have noticed through an earlier search that somebody had the same issue but resolved it themselves....http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...mp;hl=CRT+blankSorry guys, im not too much of a computer whizz so I dont have a clue about registries etc.Can somebody please explain to me how I can fix this? Is there an easier way other than the one above? Also what causes the problem?Any info and suggestions would be great.ThanksWayne
Are you starting with a cold and dark cockpit? If so it sounds like your battery is running out. Do you have a registered version of FSUIPC?

Guest Climb1
Are you starting with a cold and dark cockpit? If so it sounds like your battery is running out. Do you have a registered version of FSUIPC?
Hi George. Yes I do. However FSUIPC had actually "reset" itself. Meaning that I had to put my registration code back in and then setup FSUIPC the way I had it before (customise Yoke controls etc.) Sorry I should have mentioned before that I was loading the 744 with engines running. Whenever I have done this in the past I have not had this problem. Even when I have loaded cold and dark the CRTs dont seem to be coming on using the usual cockpit preparations. So something is definitely wrong somewhere.Its more odd the fact that this does not seem to affect the 744F version at all. The displays work normally on the cargo bird.

Guest Climb1
Hi George. Yes I do. However FSUIPC had actually "reset" itself. Meaning that I had to put my registration code back in and then setup FSUIPC the way I had it before (customise Yoke controls etc.) Sorry I should have mentioned before that I was loading the 744 with engines running. Whenever I have done this in the past I have not had this problem. Even when I have loaded cold and dark the CRTs dont seem to be coming on using the usual cockpit preparations. So something is definitely wrong somewhere.Its more odd the fact that this does not seem to affect the 744F version at all. The displays work normally on the cargo bird.
Hi just to update..........ive just been checking the FAQ (which I should have looked at in the first place I suppose) and it does say do a reinstall. So I just did a full reinstall of both 744 and 744F and sure enough the problem is solved.Sorry to waste your time George and thanks for trying to help me. :(