Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

Looking for a good source for Aeronautical Charts

Anyone have any recommendations? Enroute, VFR/IFR, Approach plates, etc. I like to plan my flights with a VFR chart but it isn't necessary. Really miss those GNC charts I used in the USAF years ago.Any help appreciated

Guest paulri

Hi Dave,Well, if you live near a military airfield, you could go out to operations and ask them if you can have their old pubs (DOD FLIP)when they throw them away (send them to the recycle facility). Good idea to call ahead the first time and talk to the ops officer. Next changeover is this coming Thursday (July 10th). BTW, I live and do my sim flying in the US.If you are not near a military field, try the FBO at the local airfield. Usually a good source.If you are looking for online stuff, try thishttp://www.geocities.com/bobandrepont/iap.htmSome of this is out of date, clearance unlimited now charges for stuff, but it is a source. HTH,Paul

Guest paulri

Sorry, I meant to write that Echoplate now charges --a subscription fee. Paul

Guest Lobaeux4

I agree, try a military base, it's where I get a full complete library of worldwide charts.Lobaeux

Justin's link is interesting, but here's some others for the "library".http://socrates.jeppesen.com/onlinepubs/aptdiag.phtml?Below there is a link to AOPA which has more free plates, and the AOPA site links to www.aviation.org which has many more.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

There should be some software available to read this data. I've used Excel, as recommended. Though I'm sure I could figure out the column alignment with trial and error, there's got to be an easier way. Anybody has any idea of available readers for this data?Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library