Sign in to follow this  
ZachLW

The New X65F

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x65f.htmI'm curious of the release date. I've been saving for the Saitek Proflight Yoke, but maybe I'll hold out for this one (or just get both). Does anyone know more about it?I'm currently using the X52 Pro, and I'm happy with it. This new X65 has some awesome features though-- like the stick that works in much the same way the real Airbuses or the F-16 works, by pressure as opposed to actual movement. I fly about every modern sim there is, both combat and "civil'", so I'm torn in keeping my X52 and buying the yoke, or grabbing this thing up when it's released (provided it's not $400).EDIT: After searching through the SimHQ forums, rumor (unofficial "leaked" imformation) has the price at around $750. So much for that! Not to mention I like flying whirly birds from time to time.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

The stick doesn't move?? I'm not quite sure I'm following. The stick in airbusses and f16s doesn't move at all?Either way...thats a huge jump in price compared to other joysticks out there, I don't care how good it is.

The stick doesn't move?? I'm not quite sure I'm following. The stick in airbusses and f16s doesn't move at all?Either way...thats a huge jump in price compared to other joysticks out there, I don't care how good it is.
Well, the airbus sticks move a little more than the F-16. But yes, no "travel", just pressure.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Well, the airbus sticks move a little more than the F-16. But yes, no "travel", just pressure.
Well this one must be broken then: :(
You're right on the F-16 though.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Okay guys! No need to be pedantic! Jeese! :( I've been in a Level-D Airbus sim! I've touched an F-16 stick! They're close, trust me (both are awkward at first). Though I agree mentioning "Airbus" was a stretch.And Gus. Actually, it does mimic the F-16 stick. The F-16 stick doesn't move. It senses PRESSURE. As in only pressure. Not amount in degrees of deflection/movement/travel (same thing). I also don't understand why you ask if there's a difference in "movement" or "travel". There isn't, and they were both used in the same context in both of my statements. But thanks for the cool diagram! Haven't seen that one.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I'm interested in this too. I'd be especially interested in reviews from people who've got (or had) the Cougar Hotas.I never really got on with the CH - always felt like it was made for someone will gorilla hands! Buttons far too spaced out, and the return springs were far too strong.