Sign in to follow this  
Guest mjelle

FS Crash

Guest mjelle

Hi,In the last time i experienced some FS Crashes. I found out that the reason was the "weather.DLL" file.I reinstalled the FS9 (which tooks me 1 day!) but still crash to desktop.Here is the information from the errorlogfile from my last crash:

Faulting application name: fs9.exe, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a208Faulting module name: Weather.DLL, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a88eException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00002076Faulting process id: 0x228Faulting application start time: 0x01ca6951ae50a89bFaulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MODULES\Weather.DLLReport Id: 2a216056-d556-11de-b363-000fea789777
I'm using Win7 64bit, with FS9. WideFS to Squawkbox and flightrecorders.ActiveSky 6.5 on my FS computer.Can anyone help? :(

Guest belga1

Hello,I remember readed somewhere .. some people had same probs cause some settings in FSUIPC .....Can be or not be the source of your problem.Regards.bye.gifGus.

Guest mjelle

Hi Gus,Thanks for the answer. I'll try to google it, but if anyone know how to fix it exactly, then please post it.

Hi,It seems that after you reinstalled FS9 you updated to 9.1extract the Weather.dll only from the original FS9 CD and overwrite your current one in module folder of the installed FS9.Play it safe by copying or renaming or even dragging your weather.dll before replacing it.Never replace things without backup.I had this same issue two weeks ago.ASA user.

i'm having the same kinda thing, i have it both on win 7 ultimate 64 bit and win XP 64bit. i don't get a file flagged up however i get the microsoft flight sim has encountered a problem and will restart. how do i find this error log you speak of?

i'm having the same kinda thing, i have it both on win 7 ultimate 64 bit and win XP 64bit. i don't get a file flagged up however i get the microsoft flight sim has encountered a problem and will restart. how do i find this error log you speak of?
You don't need the error log - the error message will tell you the cause of the fault.See: http://www.adventure-unlimited.org/faultfi...php#Identifying for more info.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Thank you johnhinson, that link is very useful, hopefully that will help solve the issue i am having, not sure if i have more than one issue but i guess tackle them on at a time

my error came up as g3d.dll on approach to lgw in activesky weather, any ideas? World of AIUT EuropeUK2000 airportsLHr & LGW UK2000 ExtremeIntel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 2.66Ghz @ 4.00GHz, Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Intel X58 Motherboard OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz DDR3, Asus GeForce GTX 285 1024MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI, Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB SATA-II 32MB Cache,PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad-Crossfire PCI-E 750W Power Supply,1 X Titan TTC-NK85TZ Fenrir CPU Cooler

Hi,That is a FS file error. What are your system specs?

just as an update, managed to carry out a landing at EGKK on the same route as previous, same a/c and everything, went to do an instant replay, and then the fault popped up????? ai and all that arent even on the replays, so now i am more confused

With so many people building new systems and reloading FS9 onto their new rigs, it's important to remind everyone that the original FS9 had a seasonal bug that caused crashes when flying into some areas of snow during the winter (the seasonal changeover just occurred on Dec 21st).Installation of the FS9.1 patch solves that problem. No-CD hacked fs9.exe files that were based on the original FS9.exe, rather than the post-patch version 9.1 fs9.exe file will cause this problem to re-emerge as well. We get a flurry of people seeing this old problem rear its ugly head every year around this time.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case