Sign in to follow this  
boing71234567

747 and vatsim problem

Hello, I will be flying in the est to East event on Sunday with the PMDG 747 and I cant wait to fly it but i do have one problem. When I'm using the autopilot the plane will veer to the left and go off course, then LNAV will realize its off course and veer to the right, then stay like that and go off course to the right about 5nm off course. I fixed this problem using fair skies and all clear weather when using the PMDG 747 but i can't do that with PMDG 747 because vatsim uses real world weather which means that it will start veering off course. Is there a way to fix this so i can fly in vatsim's weather and use the PMDG 747? I have tried the heading buttons too and that still veers me off course.-thank youMatthew Miller

Get a registered copy of FSUIPC. It will smooth the wind, pressure and temp variations that Microsoft has given us. I've got the wind smoothing set to 8 sec per 1 deg/kt, which seems to work for me.

Dan Downs KCRP

Winds are explained on page 16 of the FSUIPC4 User Guide (assuming you have a registered copy). The pressure/temp smoothing is on the Clouds, Etc. tab, and expained on page 20.My settings:

Dan Downs KCRP

Oh wait im sorry the copy I have is unregistered, i got it from usairwaysva. Is there another way I can fix this problem? and is there a free copy of FSUPIC out there? if not I will pay for FSUPIC to fix my PMDG 747 cause I cant resist not flying it, ITS TOO GOOD!!!!-thank youMatthew Miller

Oh wait im sorry the copy I have is unregistered, i got it from usairwaysva. Is there another way I can fix this problem? and is there a free copy of FSUPIC out there? if not I will pay for FSUPIC to fix my PMDG 747 cause I cant resist not flying it, ITS TOO GOOD!!!!-thank youMatthew Miller
Hi Matthew, You can download FSUPIC here but it looks like you have the latest version. All you need to do is register it (Buy, then register of course). There are a bunch of good features for hardware set up, and of course the simpler ones like the weather smoothing. I can't say that I have ever had your exact issue of straying off course like that without FSUIPC installed though. I have had the up and down effects rather than the left and rights. I'd get it going if you haven't yet. Good luck Sunday!

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

hi i had simliar problems with mine but mine was that i couldnt climb any higher than fl300 without stalling using the vatsim weather so i dont use the vatsim weather and use my third party weather in my case rex2 so dont use the vatsim waether and u find u mite solve ur problems

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Simmarket is the only place I think you can get it.You have to remove the unregistered dll, that is the extent of the "uninstall." Don't just move it, the OS will find dll's even if moved.

Dan Downs KCRP

finally before i buy it i just want to make sure it will fix this problem. here are some screenshots of a flight i took today and you can clearly see it is overturning and but it overturned it did about about 5nm off course.

Hard to tell, but you can tell if it is a weather problem by either clearing the weather (no weather) or watching the wind vector on the ND. I noticed it changed from 024/8 to 031/7, and that's not much change unless it changes rapidly.Your first shot reveals an IAS of 360 kts; wow, in a hurry?The FSUIPC wind smoothing works pretty good, but only if that is the problem. All versions of MSFS since after FS2002 have this problem, by the way.

Dan Downs KCRP

ya i was in a hurry. I think it does change rapidly cause I am always getting new Metars about new winds. I did clear the weather and it worked fine so im guessing FSUPIC would be the best thing to do!-thank youMatthew Miller

hi i had simliar problems with mine but mine was that i couldnt climb any higher than fl300 without stalling using the vatsim weather so i dont use the vatsim weather and use my third party weather in my case rex2 so dont use the vatsim waether and u find u mite solve ur problems
I get that problem a lot. No matter what weather engine I use,, FSX, Rex, or ASA. In those cases I just go back into the Thrusts page of the FMC, and set my thrust to "CON" It usually fixes that and provides the needed to thrust. It should work for you in Vatsim as well. The other weather realated problems, I use FSUIPC's weather options as Dan posted, as well as the weather smoothing option in ASA. (Active Sky Advanced).* It is kind of funny though, in that situation that the FMC see's it is about to stall and keeps going. Maybe that just wasn't modeled? I've been using the MD-11 a lot lately and it seems to have much more attention to it's Speed.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Sorry its a little late but its been bugging me to ask this question. I have REX 2.0 and i was wondering if REX came with its own wind modifying thing (like FSUPIC) to fix the problem? -thank you Matthew Miller