Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrzI

CS707 and F104 under Vista (FS9 versions)

These two products are apparently not compatible with Vista. I would very much like to install them under Vista. Has anybody done this successfully ?As I still have a backup of the two products from my old Windows XP installation I copied over all the files. Everything was working fine on both and then a couple of weeks later I simply could not start up FS9 any more. Could this be due to some of their smart protections ? I doubt it but never say never...Been running FS9 just fine for 8 months now. Cannot sum up the courage to try this again.Another option I wanted to try is to install in safe mode and do an offline activation. Does anybody think this would work ?Any tips/thought/suggestions are more than welcome.Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

These two products are apparently not compatible with Vista. I would very much like to install them under Vista. Has anybody done this successfully ?As I still have a backup of the two products from my old Windows XP installation I copied over all the files. Everything was working fine on both and then a couple of weeks later I simply could not start up FS9 any more. Could this be due to some of their smart protections ? I doubt it but never say never...Been running FS9 just fine for 8 months now. Cannot sum up the courage to try this again.Another option I wanted to try is to install in safe mode and do an offline activation. Does anybody think this would work ?Any tips/thought/suggestions are more than welcome.Thanks
For the 707, I had to redownload the installer (csb707_1200.exe) to work in Vista64. The one I had archived didn't work...could be they changed some of the installer code. I'm surprised that just copying the files worked at all.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

For the 707, I had to redownload the installer (csb707_1200.exe) to work in Vista64. The one I had archived didn't work...could be they changed some of the installer code. I'm surprised that just copying the files worked at all.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
That is good news. Did you run in normal mode ? Did you activate online ?

That is good news. Did you run in normal mode ? Did you activate online ?
Don't know what you mean by "normal mode." I activated by e-mail I think.CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Don't know what you mean by "normal mode." I activated by e-mail I think.CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
Normal mode as opposed to safe mode. Anyways, I tried the latest installer and did an offline activation and it works !!PS. Any tips on the pitch control knob usage ? I suspect you have to trim correctly before engaging AP....Thanks