Sign in to follow this  

C.T.D

Hi guys, keep getting the following ctdProblem signature:Problem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: fs9.exeApplication Version: 9.1.0.40901Application Timestamp: 4135a208Fault Module Name: msvcrt.dllFault Module Version: 7.0.6002.18005Fault Module Timestamp: 49e0379eException Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 0000c461OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3Locale ID: 2057Additional Information 1: a947Additional Information 2: d0e94e4de892997244b2c0512613e4f3Additional Information 3: 2d25Additional Information 4: aac61150bd71ecae074244a35691d21cAny ideas on how to fix instead of re-install?Thanks for your helpChris

Chris Howard

Fault Module Name: msvcrt.dll
Interestingly, msvcrt.dll is not a Flight Simulator module but one belonging to the Windows system, so a reinstall of Flight Simulator is unlikely to fix the problem.A search on Google finds http://www.instant-registry-fixes.org/how-...vcrtdll-errors/ which suggests your copy of msvcrt.dll could have been replaced by a third-party installation of an older version and recommends replacing it with the original off your installation discs. Details of how to do so can be found there. This is the first avenue I would explore.Hope this helps,John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Interestingly, msvcrt.dll is not a Flight Simulator module but one belonging to the Windows system, so a reinstall of Flight Simulator is unlikely to fix the problem.A search on Google finds http://www.instant-registry-fixes.org/how-...vcrtdll-errors/ which suggests your copy of msvcrt.dll could have been replaced by a third-party installation of an older version and recommends replacing it with the original off your installation discs. Details of how to do so can be found there. This is the first avenue I would explore.Hope this helps,John
Thanks for your fast reply John, i will have a look into thisChris

Chris Howard

Well i followed the advise you gave me and even bought reggenie but im still getting the crash :( , i forgot to mention im using vista 32 premium. I've been searching the net for the dll or a way to replace it but to no avail. Getting very annoyed with this now and thinking about a re-format Unless someone can help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :( Cheers, Chris

Chris Howard

Well i followed the advise you gave me and even bought reggenie but im still getting the crash :( , i forgot to mention im using vista 32 premium. I've been searching the net for the dll or a way to replace it but to no avail. Getting very annoyed with this now and thinking about a re-format Unless someone can help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :( Cheers, Chris
OK, well is seems that dll file relates to Visual basic so if it is affecting Flight Simulator it sounds like you have an add-on of some sort written in that language. If it isn't the dll file at fault, maybe the add-on is asking it to do something it can't. Have you any add-ons that interact with FS? I'm thinking of things like maps, weather, extra modules like FSUIPC etc - although that is not to say all those examples are all written in VB!Just to be sure, could you check the date on your dll file? It should be dated 11/02/06 from what I can establish, and it differs from the default XP one by having more features. Unfortunately I don't know a lot about Vista so I can't confirm that. Some installers may over-write the dll in an attempt to give you the most up to date version (of their time of conception). There are complications with over-writing/duplicating system files in Vista that maybe somebody else can clarify. Certainly check for duplicates in other directories, though.If you want to download a copy of that DLL file, just Google "msvcrt.dll" and it will come top of the list. However, that is not really the recommended way to replace a suspect file because there is no knowing that the site concerned is up-to-date. Always better to install off original disc.John

John, i seem to have sorted this problem out, turns out it was fsuipc 3.83 i think that i installed yesterday so ive removed it from the modules folder booted up the sim and all went well, the problem ive got now is i cant remember which version i had before and how im going to go about putting it back in. Any ideasRegardsChris

Chris Howard

John, i seem to have sorted this problem out, turns out it was fsuipc 3.83 i think that i installed yesterday so ive removed it from the modules folder booted up the sim and all went well, the problem ive got now is i cant remember which version i had before and how im going to go about putting it back in. Any ideasRegardsChris
Excellent news! If 3.9 doesn't solve the problem, you may be sure that Peter Dowson will sort the problem pretty quickly with yettanothernewversion, he is pretty hot on updates.John

Guest AlexLloyd

Was it by any chance with the Airsimmer A320 Basic edition? Because if it was then there have been multiple cases off CTDs on final approach. Just wait for the Advanced version and all will be good :(

I had a problem with the dastardly msvcrt.dll immediately after I made some alterations in my FSUIPC in the Modules tab on FS9.Downloaded a copy of the msvcrt.dll which turned out to be a 2000 version instead of the existent 2008 version within the system32 folder,so there was not much point in replacing a latest version with an older version.Then searched the AVISM Forums high and low till I came across this thread.Immediately deleted the latest version(Aug09) of FSUIPC.DLL from my Modules folder within FS9.Re-started FS9,and,bingo,it fired up immediately.I must state that FS9 was running ok with that latest version of FSUIPC.DLL until I fiddled with some settings in the FSUIPC options and settings within FS9.RICK