Sign in to follow this  
geoffco

Setting autothrottle N1

Hi,Looking for advice rather than code for once!.. well, for now anyway...I want to make a small gauge that sets the maximum N1 allowed for the autothrottle. Is there a single variable that I can set to do this for all engines? The gauge would simply have a readout of teh current setting with a button for up and down and then another one to "set" the value... The aircraft is a multi-engine jet.On a related subject, I have seen this in the aircraft.cfg file but it doesn't seem to have much effect on the autothrottle performance - what does it actually do / limit?autothrottle_max_rpm = 90 Cheers,Geoff

There's an N1 hold in FSX.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Nope. I know of nothing in FS9 that allows you to limit throttle max at any point in flight.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Nope. I know of nothing in FS9 that allows you to limit throttle max at any point in flight.
I use for FS9(L:N1_max,enum) 0.996 / 24.9 - 95 / 16384 * int (>K:THROTTLE_SET) Where (L:N1_max,enum) is desired max N1 setting ie. 90, 101 etc. & K:THROTTLE_SET sets all engines limit.

Paul EGLD

I use for FS9(L:N1_max,enum) 0.996 / 24.9 - 95 / 16384 * int (>K:THROTTLE_SET) Where (L:N1_max,enum) is desired max N1 setting ie. 90, 101 etc. & K:THROTTLE_SET sets all engines limit.
Thanks very much - I'll give it a go. Does it get reset when the autothrottle is switched off or do I need to set a default... what is the FS default for THROTTLE_SET, is it 16384 of do I also have to scale it somehow?Cheers,Geoff

That piece of code just keeps fighting with the autothrottle... it doesn't actually limit anything.THROTTLE_SET is just that... a way to set the throttle position.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

That piece of code just keeps fighting with the autothrottle... it doesn't actually limit anything.THROTTLE_SET is just that... a way to set the throttle position.
I does actually, Maybe it's part with other controls. I am suprised you did't think of that!

Paul EGLD

Hi Paul!Nice code, don't understant all the calculations but looks great. I wonder if it works whit the TO/GA mode or if I have to code independently?Javier

Hi,It doesn't seem to have any effect on the behaviour of the throttles... My code for the part of the gauge is shown here:<Element><Position X="10" Y="10"/> <Select> <Value>(L:TRP_MASTER, enum)</Value> <Case Value="0"> <Image Name="GC_BAe_AP_sel_Off" ImageSizes="25,10" Bright="No"/> </Case> <Case Value="1"> (L:N1_max,enum) 0.996 / 24.9 - 95 / 16384 * int (>K:THROTTLE_SET) <Image Name="GC_BAe_TRP_Master" ImageSizes="25,10" Bright="Yes"/> </Case> </Select></Element>I assume that this operation is attempted every time the gauge is refreshed as long as the master switch (L:TRP_MASTER, enum) is on (1) or is my code bad?Cheers,Geoff(EDIT: the rest of the gauge sets the (L:N1_max,enum) to different values and also prints it so I know the L: var is set...)

Hello!Haven't test the code yet, but I guess it has to be placed in the <Value> tag and not in the <Case value> tag. To write values to a L:var given a condition maybe you can use an IF stamet, or GOTO but I don't know the sintax.Javier

Hello!Haven't test the code yet, but I guess it has to be placed in the <Value> tag and not in the <Case value> tag. To write values to a L:var given a condition maybe you can use an IF stamet, or GOTO but I don't know the sintax.Javier
Ok, so can somebody write in how to do this? I cannot find any decent examples of this in tutorials etc anywhere... In general, how do you just 'do' a line of calculations to modify a variable in FS gauge XML?? I need to 'operate' the following two functions - they are INSIDE a <case value> system because I need the numbers to be slightly different depending on the mode... (A:AMBIENT TEMPERATURE,kelvin) 256 - -0.166 * 94.04 + (>L:N1_max,enum) (L:N1_max,enum) 0.996 / 24.9 - 95 / 16384 * int (>K:THROTTLE_SET)Cheers,Geoff

Ok, so can somebody write in how to do this? I cannot find any decent examples of this in tutorials etc anywhere... In general, how do you just 'do' a line of calculations to modify a variable in FS gauge XML?? I need to 'operate' the following two functions - they are INSIDE a <case value> system because I need the numbers to be slightly different depending on the mode... (A:AMBIENT TEMPERATURE,kelvin) 256 - -0.166 * 94.04 + (>L:N1_max,enum) (L:N1_max,enum) 0.996 / 24.9 - 95 / 16384 * int (>K:THROTTLE_SET)Cheers,Geoff
Ok - I think I have to do this by using <Value> statements with IF and ELSE statements inside...<Element><Select><Value>Variable1 Variable2 [Operation] if{ (code to do if the 1st bit is TRUE) } els{ (code to do if the 1st bit is FALSE) }</Value></Select></Element>With this, I get to the following bits of code but they are still not working (all are within their own <Element> / <Select> tags) - can anybody tell me how they should be written?<Value>(L:TRP_state, enum) 0 & if{ 1 (>L:TRP_state) 92 (>L:TRP_offset, enum)}</Value>Here I want to look if L:TRP_state is 0 (it could also be 1,2 or 3) to set the default if there is no mode set. The values to set here are L:TRP_state to 1 and also set L:TRP_offset to 92. During the rest of the gauge operation, these are both set by clickable buttons (which is working fine)<Value>(L:TRP_MASTER,enum) 1 & if{((A:AMBIENT TEMPERATURE,kelvin) 256 - 0.166 * (L:TRP_offset, enum) +) (>L:TRP_N1_Max,enum)}</Value>Now I want to check if the L:TRP_MASTER is set to 1. If it is, I want to calculate the L:TRP_N1_Max variable to (A:AMBIENT TEMPERATURE,kelvin) - 256 * 0.166 + (L:TRP_offset, enum) (setting that in a string reads out the right number)<Value>(L:TRP_MASTER,enum) 1 & if{(((L:TRP_N1_Max,enum) 0.996 / 24.9 - 95 /) (>L:TRP_Set,enum))} els{(1 (>L:TRP_Set,enum))}</Value>Again, I need to see if the L:TRP_MASTER is set to 1. If it is set to 1, I want to set the L:TRP_Set variable to be (L:TRP_N1_Max,enum) / 0.996 - 24.9 / 95 (again, setting that in a string reads out the right number). If the setting of tha master switch is 0, I want to set the (L:TRP_Set,enum) to 1Cheers for any coding advice,GeoffPS: If there are tutorials out there that explain the syntax of these things, please tell me. I can find examples that I dont understand and then incomplete ones at fs2x which refer all the time to more advanced tutorials which were never written...

Ok - I think I have to do this by using <Value> statements with IF and ELSE statements inside...<Element><Select><Value>Variable1 Variable2 [Operation] if{ (code to do if the 1st bit is TRUE) } els{ (code to do if the 1st bit is FALSE) }</Value></Select></Element>With this, I get to the following bits of code but they are still not working (all are within their own <Element> / <Select> tags) - can anybody tell me how they should be written?<Value>(L:TRP_state, enum) 0 & if{ 1 (>L:TRP_state) 92 (>L:TRP_offset, enum)}</Value>Here I want to look if L:TRP_state is 0 (it could also be 1,2 or 3) to set the default if there is no mode set. The values to set here are L:TRP_state to 1 and also set L:TRP_offset to 92. During the rest of the gauge operation, these are both set by clickable buttons (which is working fine)<Value>(L:TRP_MASTER,enum) 1 & if{((A:AMBIENT TEMPERATURE,kelvin) 256 - 0.166 * (L:TRP_offset, enum) +) (>L:TRP_N1_Max,enum)}</Value>Now I want to check if the L:TRP_MASTER is set to 1. If it is, I want to calculate the L:TRP_N1_Max variable to (A:AMBIENT TEMPERATURE,kelvin) - 256 * 0.166 + (L:TRP_offset, enum) (setting that in a string reads out the right number)<Value>(L:TRP_MASTER,enum) 1 & if{(((L:TRP_N1_Max,enum) 0.996 / 24.9 - 95 /) (>L:TRP_Set,enum))} els{(1 (>L:TRP_Set,enum))}</Value>Again, I need to see if the L:TRP_MASTER is set to 1. If it is set to 1, I want to set the L:TRP_Set variable to be (L:TRP_N1_Max,enum) / 0.996 - 24.9 / 95 (again, setting that in a string reads out the right number). If the setting of tha master switch is 0, I want to set the (L:TRP_Set,enum) to 1Cheers for any coding advice,GeoffPS: If there are tutorials out there that explain the syntax of these things, please tell me. I can find examples that I dont understand and then incomplete ones at fs2x which refer all the time to more advanced tutorials which were never written...
Perhaps I can use <update> sections instead for this? Can I set K: variables in my updates?Geoff#

Hello!There are some sintax errors. As far as I know L:Vars has to have messurements units after its name, parenthesis like "((L:...))" are only allowed in the strigs sintax, "(((...)))" are not allowed anywhere neither to write to L:Vars and there's got to be spaces betwen { and } and the text in whitin. Thats what I could notice in your code.Javier