Sign in to follow this  
Guest bassplayer1939

Unable to load 747 or the MD11

Guest bassplayer1939

I have lost the ability to load both the 747-400 and the MD11. They both are posting the same message. " Air file damaged " contact producer for a new file.This is posted in a black box.1. How do I get hold of the new uncorrupted files? 2. Do I neeed to reload the aircraft from scratch?3. Why would this suddenly happen to both aircraft?I have tried to Re-install but the message comes up immediately. The same message is displayed in the " Select an aircraft" area of FSX.Mick Hill

Guest bassplayer1939

Further to this any attempt to load these aircraft results in MS FSX closing down with a massive error notice. Every other aircraft still works however so it is a PMGD problem. eg. Air file corrupted.Mick Hill

Mick, I haven't seen this one so can't assist with the cause. Possible that other files are corrupt as well; regardless, I would download new installers from pmdg if you link is still active. Otherwise, you may have to spend a couple bucks, get the extended download option, and fix your installers. You could also send an email to pmdg support (make sure you get an automatic response) to see if the expert has an insight into this.

Dan Downs KCRP

Mick,You don't have Adobe AIR installed by chance do you? I have read this program can cause a serious conflict with FS .air files.

Lee Adams

JAFO

Guest bassplayer1939
Mick,You don't have Adobe AIR installed by chance do you? I have read this program can cause a serious conflict with FS .air files.
I will look into this one. I have still got the original downloads so if I can activate them I will uninstall and re load. 747 no problem as I have only just purchased it the MD11 may be another matter. I will however try the Adobe Air first.Mick Hill

Guest bassplayer1939
I will look into this one. I have still got the original downloads so if I can activate them I will uninstall and re load. 747 no problem as I have only just purchased it the MD11 may be another matter. I will however try the Adobe Air first.Mick Hill
Yes I had Adobe Air installed. I have removed it but it has had no effect on the problem. I have removed both aircraft from the computer and have tried to reload but even the " setup files are corrupted. I have gone back into the PMDG shop and found my account history. However all the Url's have expired so I am stuck. As there is scant response to efforts making contact with the support team at PMDG I am in a corner. This forum is where you constantly get directed too. Unless someone from the PMDG team comes on the forum and spots my post then it looks like I have lost out here. Mick Hill

If you are willing to spend a few bucks for the extended download option, send an email to them with your order info and they will set you up. Be sure you get automated response from pmdg when emailing them. Some have to use gmail from google to get through the spam filter.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest bassplayer1939
If you are willing to spend a few bucks for the extended download option, send an email to them with your order info and they will set you up. Be sure you get automated response from pmdg when emailing them. Some have to use gmail from google to get through the spam filter.
Dan I have just finished sending them an Email outlineing the problems. As this is the first direct link I have found I forsee a result in the next few days.Thanks for you time. Mick

Mick,Glad you found the problem. Hopefully the removal will allow all to function normally again once you get them reinstalled. PMDG support will reply..it just takes them a bit.Good luck

Lee Adams

JAFO

Guest bassplayer1939
Mick,Glad you found the problem. Hopefully the removal will allow all to function normally again once you get them reinstalled. PMDG support will reply..it just takes them a bit.Good luck
Just so you all know. I cleared my PC of all traces of PMDG aircraft and shelled out for the Extended Download. Once requested back came the URL's for my 747/MD11 downloads. So far so good. Duly downloaded the files and installed them. Now the acid test. Open up FSX and load the 747. Brilliant it downloaded into EGPH. Even Cold and Dark , no worries I like setting them up. Check the MD11 ...same result , sat at the requested gate Cold and Dark.Fish out the setup manual and get to work. Oh Dear!!! nothing on the overhead panel works....Try the MD11....same result and why is the aircraft ploughing through the terminal buildings??? easy Because the engines are running but the brakes will not opperate. Nothing inside the cockpit works save for opening some of the panels which are BLACK. All the flight controls do not work. Switches display ON but are lifeless.I have also noticed that the aircraft are not " Initializing " which is the period when the Glass comes to life. It is jumping that stage and the there is no way you can get to it manually. The PMDG drop down menue is also missing.Smartly out of the frying pan into the fire.What a farce. The ball is back in PMDG's court and I await their reply.Mick Hill

This is the second post I've seen mention of starting default cold and dark. All the aircraft start from default free flight running, all systems on.Odd.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest bassplayer1939

Dan I think the problem is that neither of the aircraft are initializing so the cockpits never " spool up " also the missing PMDG dropdown menue is supicious. I had a look on the general PMDG thread and tried the "Repair " route but this had no effect oin the problem. I will have to wait for the PMDG team. As I am in the UK and they are in the USA I have to wait for a reply overnight.Mick Hill

Mick,Are all your default FSX aircraft loading and running normally? I'm not sure the extent of damage the Adobe program may have done.An FS reinstall may be required to clean it up.

Lee Adams

JAFO

Guest bassplayer1939

Hi Folks......Problem solved by the PMDG support team. Turns out it was a FSX Service Pack 2 problem. Broken files in there. Remedy was to re- download the SP2 . and then follow the install instructions which first of all removed SP2 from FSX.Then I was able to re-install to a clean slate. Not overwriting files.I then downloaded a file relating to display, this files link was provided by PMDG. The man in question was Paul Gollnick , Manager Customer/Technical Support.Once connection is made with the support team problems are solved.Thanks to all who assisted at PMDG and here on the forum.Mick Hill :(