Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Weiss

Hawaii Niihau Scenery

one of our team released it today, you can read about it here :LockOnFiles page linkFSX%20NIIHAU%20DL%20poster-small.jpg:-)
I checked out the screenshots, and it looks great. Is there an airport on the island somewhere, in case we want to make an unauthorized stopover with a plane load of haoles?

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Thanks a lot Thomas!I'm gonna take a rest in this quiet place with the Goose right now :--)EDIT:Beautiful scenery.The colours are fantastic and the textures much nicer than lot of photoreal paywares.Great job!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest LCSims
Is there an airport on the island somewhere,...
No, not on Niihau. If anything needs to come over it is done by helicopter, off of Kauai.

I tried registering on the LockOnFiles forums, but it never sent me my confirmation email. My spam folder is empty, so it didn't get caught there. I'd love to have this scenery though... any chance of uploading it elsewhere?

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

If you registered, log in - there is no confirmation email, if you have any problems logging in, let me know and I'll help you.(log in the front page, htttp://www.lockonfiles.com not in the Forums)

If you registered, log in - there is no confirmation email, if you have any problems logging in, let me know and I'll help you.(log in the front page, htttp://www.lockonfiles.com not in the Forums)
Maybe that's where I went wrong. I left the password field blank, as I don't have any 10-character plus passwords off the top of my head, and the next screen said it would generate an email with my confirmation and password info. I'll try it again now.thanks,

Bill Womack

No, not on Niihau. If anything needs to come over it is done by helicopter, off of Kauai.
Typically there is a barge which comes across for the residents of Niihau, but there is some helo access because the Robinson family (Oz owners of the whole island) have made some deals with the Navy to support BMD testing from Barking Sands PMRF on the west side of Kauai. scott s..

Thanks !Ironhand did a great job - he is working on the Island of Kauai now
Awesome job!Looking forward to installing this one too.Really worth donating some cash to this talented guy so his girl friend will stay with him while he produces such nice addons !! :(

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thanks folks. Niihau was certainly a learning experience for me. I now have a much greater appreciation of how FSX's world is constructed to say the least. Anyway, I hope everyone who tries it enjoys it. I do plan to upload it here in the near future as well.Rich

Hey Rich,Thanks very much for this,can't wait to try it out!! I still love flying your Crimean Tour for Lock On.As a matter of fact you are responsible for me getting into GA Aviation and FSX! I never thought I would enjoy Flight Simulation without combat,but The Crimean Tour proved that wrong!!Great to see you here bud!!!

Hey Rich,Thanks very much for this,can't wait to try it out!! I still love flying your Crimean Tour for Lock On.As a matter of fact you are responsible for me getting into GA Aviation and FSX! I never thought I would enjoy Flight Simulation without combat,but The Crimean Tour proved that wrong!!Great to see you here bud!!!
Thought the nick sounded familiar! :( Welcome to the "other" side of flight sims.Enjoy Niihau. It's small and has no airport to start from but I find it an intriguing place to visit. I enjoy flying over to it from Kauai. It makes you appreciate the contrasts between Kauai's lushness and Niihau's aridness even more. However, I do include a saved flight in the download that let's you start over the water just shy of the island for people who don't want to make the flight out.Rich