Sign in to follow this  
cmooring

Realair Duke and XP Reality

Does anyone know if the XP Reality GPS works properly when reloading a saved flight with the Duke. I have the Flight1 Mustang (Cessna) and because of the complexity of the systemsm, reloading saved flights causes it to lockup. I understand that and I am not complaining about that. But before buying the XP Reality product for the Duke, I want to know if I will have the same or similar problems.I appreciate any insight for those who may have the Duke and the XP Reality GPS.Thanks

Does anyone know if the XP Reality GPS works properly when reloading a saved flight with the Duke. I have the Flight1 Mustang (Cessna) and because of the complexity of the systemsm, reloading saved flights causes it to lockup. I understand that and I am not complaining about that. But before buying the XP Reality product for the Duke, I want to know if I will have the same or similar problems.I appreciate any insight for those who may have the Duke and the XP Reality GPS.Thanks
I've never had FSX lock-up when using the Duke, but to answer your question, yes, you will lose your Garmin flight plan if a re-boot is necessary. Thus, you should save your plan within the RXP Garmin GPS if this happens so you can re-load it, and the RXP Garmin will recognize where you are, and join the flight plan 'in progress'. Unlike the default GPS that want to go back the the beginning of the plan.That said, if you are using the default ATC with a FSX plan, you may not be able to join 'in progress' either, unless you use the registered version of FSUIPC with the auto-save function which will sort that out as well.

The current database (Navdata) in the RealityXP is two years old (Dec 2007).Waypoints / approach data ect.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Been using the RXP GNS530 in the Duke since the day the Duke was released to the public without problems. Yes the data base is old but does that really matter in a simulation? I always write my flight plans into the saved flight plans page and as bkeske above says, simply reopen the flight plan after opening your saved flight and all will be well. Don't forget to install your RXP GNS unit(s) into the panel by way of the confg manager.Hi to Brian.

Thanks for all of the feed back. I dont mind reloading the flight plan.... Not being able to reload a saved flight would be a big hassle.Sounds like I will be adding RXP to my Duke.

Brian,You said:Yes the data base is old but does that really matter in a simulation?Well, not to some people.But for me it does matter and possibly the original poster.So, I thought it worth mentioning for his consideration.My new Hi/Low altitude charts and all my new approach charts do not support all the two year old data.Bad for on-line flying also.Where do you get the old charts from anyway?For people who do not use charts ... no problem.

Best Regards,

Brian,You said:Yes the data base is old but does that really matter in a simulation?Well, not to some people.But for me it does matter and possibly the original poster.So, I thought it worth mentioning for his consideration.My new Hi/Low altitude charts and all my new approach charts do not support all the two year old data.Bad for on-line flying also.Where do you get the old charts from anyway?For people who do not use charts ... no problem.
Do some on-line flyers actually keep current with 28/56 day revisions? Just wondering, as I've never done on-line flying. Would sure seem expensive though.L.Adamson

L.Adamson ,"Do some on-line flyers actually keep current with 28/56 day revisions?"Well, no, not that current.But .... not two years old!Scenery updates .. AFCAD updates are also not required.But here again, it is just a personal choice that goes along with more current Navdata.Flight plan downloads or Flight plan programs also are using current waypoints and procedures.Where do you get two year old charts to use with the older NavData database?

Best Regards,

Hi to Brian.
Hi back Dan, good to 'see'ya' :(
I fly with current charts all the time. The problems are very rare, and when they happen, can be accommodated.How old is the FSX database, and how complete is that?
I fly with current charts all the time. The problems are very rare, and when they happen, can be accommodated.How old is the FSX database, and how complete is that?
L.Adamson ,"Do some on-line flyers actually keep current with 28/56 day revisions?"Well, no, not that current.But .... not two years old!Scenery updates .. AFCAD updates are also not required.But here again, it is just a personal choice that goes along with more current Navdata.Flight plan downloads or Flight plan programs also are using current waypoints and procedures.Where do you get two year old charts to use with the older NavData database?

I know what you mean by accommodating (massive editing jobs).I have the DreamFleet Baron with the older Garmin. It has the updated FS2005 procedures that cannot be commercially updated any longer.But I finally got tired of trying to figuring out a flight plan without older charts.Or, downloading today's current routes only to find missing waypoints in the Garmin.I added a few waypoints in the Garmin using Lat/Lons but I tired of that quickly!So, I finally gave up on it.I parked it.

Best Regards,

I know what you mean by accommodating (massive editing jobs).I have the DreamFleet Baron with the older Garmin. It has the updated FS2005 procedures that cannot be commercially updated any longer.But I finally got tired of trying to figuring out a flight plan without older charts.Or, downloading today's current routes only to find missing waypoints in the Garmin.I added a few waypoints in the Garmin using Lat/Lons but I tired of that quickly!So, I finally gave up on it.I parked it.
So....what did you do? Go back to the default database, which it even more out of date/incomplete?BTW, The Baron is an FS9 product, that only used the old RXP Garmin unit that never worked in FSX. You must have the newer RXP WAAS Garmin units to work in FSX. The newer WAAS version does have a newer database from 2007.

I cannot but think that the FSX default database was written at the time of the development of the "Big X", or maybe they just moved the database over from FS-9, which makes it even older.

So....what did you do? Go back to the default database, which it even more out of date/incomplete?BTW, The Baron is an FS9 product, that only used the old RXP Garmin unit that never worked in FSX. You must have the newer RXP WAAS Garmin units to work in FSX. The newer WAAS version does have a newer database from 2007.
**********************************************"So....what did you do? Go back to the default database, which it even more out of date/incomplete?"** No, I am presently only purchasing ( for FS9 and FSX) and flying aircraft that use current Navdata (SID/STARs/Approaches/waypoints/airport data), that can use current flight plans and who's navdata can be updated monthly. Strictly a personal preference."BTW, The Baron is an FS9 product, that only used the old RXP Garmin unit that never worked in FSX."**Yes, I just used it as my example of using the "older" Garmin with a database that cannot be commercially updated any longer."You must have the newer RXP WAAS Garmin units to work in FSX. The newer WAAS version does have a newer database from 2007."That is true. But it is my preference not to use (and pay for) the older 2007 Garmin Trainer database that comes with the new RealityXp WAAS for FS9 and FSX.And remember, each passing year, the non-updatable 2007 database you are using now will get even older.

Best Regards,

** No, I am presently only purchasing ( for FS9 and FSX) and flying aircraft that use current Navdata (SID/STARs/Approaches/waypoints/airport data), that can use current flight plans and who's navdata can be updated monthly. Strictly a personal preference.
Perfectly understandable, but I guess that means you are not using a GNS430 or GNS530 - or is there an updateable version somewhere out there?Tom