Sign in to follow this  
someone

Traffic at Uncontrolled Aiports in FS2004: Details?

I've done a search of the forum and I haven't found any details on AI traffic at uncontrolled aiports.I'm wondering how many planes are typically found at uncontrolled airports in FS2004. It seems like even just a couple of planes at every uncontrolled airport would lead to an exponential increase in the size of the traffic.bgl file (and a corresponding decrease in frame rates). So, did they just put traffic at the larger uncontrolled airports? If I fly from, for example, Thun Field in Puyallup, WA (1S0), will there be any traffic in the pattern, or will I have to use an add-on to put it there? Does the traffic at uncontrolled airports use position reports and proper procedures?On a related note, is there pilot controlled lighting at appropriate airfields?

Fantastic questions, I would love to know this too, as a student pilot :) Are there addons out right now that let you add traffic to an uncontrolled airport? Thanks,Jason :-wave

I put traffic at 100% the other day. A plane tookoff from the uncontrolled field within about 4 minutes. Announced everything properly. Not only that-I heard other traffic announcing for other airfields on the same frequency. :-)Don't think pcl is implemented though.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Too bad we can't turn off airline traffic and save some frames so we can get all the GA traffic.

Where's the military setting? *grin?*

:-jumpy :-yellow1 :-jumpy :-yellow1 :-jumpy :-yellow1 :-jumpy :-yellow1 :-jumpy :-yellow1 :-jumpy :-yellow1 :-jumpy :-yellow1 :-jumpy :-yellow1 :-jumpy :-yellow1 :-jumpy :-yellow1

Guest ssurjap

Man, I definitely can't wait until it comes out.:-xxrotflmao

along the same lines...One reason why MS didn't place GA traffic at many small airfields in FS02 is that the planes would have never made it back to the ground anyway. In mountainous terrain (and it doesn't need much elevation difference) the ground-avoidance feature interferes with the AI's approach (VFR or IFR) and makes it repeatedly overshoot or miss the airport (anyone interested in more information about this, check out the read-me files of my GA/AFCAD package for British Columbia, bc_afcad.zip).Has terrain avoidance been re-written (for GA)? Guess that's a tough one to answer; how about: do airfields in the mountains (B.C., the Alps, Rockies, etc.) have GA traffic and do the planes actually land???Just curious...Cheers, Holger

Thanks Geof, but don't wait too long ;-) If AIView works with FS04 you could use it's tactical screen to see what the GA are doing. Has anyone tried AIView with 04?Cheers, Holger

Geof,For test like that do you use 4x speed? It will save you plenty of time.Kil~