Sign in to follow this  
ExternalUse

Payload/Fuel Manager

Hi,is there a way to manually enter fuel/cargo/pax weights into the Load manager? Currently, I have to use the Random function to at least get close to the figures I want. For fuel, the sliders or the FSX-integrated menus are okay, but the Pax/Cargo weights can't be chosen/inputted directly. Is there another version of that tool available?Thanks for suggestions,Stefan Kunstmann

You can click on each seat or cargo position to fill/unfill it and get close to what you want.

Dan Downs KCRP

Many thanks, Dan!Now if there was a feature to actually save that for future reference... Will look into where the LM actually saves the file.Again, thanks!Stefan

When you use the load manager, by clicking on a seat, you add 1801bs(82 kgs) per seat and when selecting a container, 35001bs (1,588kgs) per container. I would have thought a tad more for the pax weight these days, but I suppose it may average out with children flying. I flew back from the UK,via Japan recently, and the 2 pax next to on the EGLL-RJAA leg would have been 150kgs each.

Geoff Bryce

Thanks Geoff!82 KG sound allright if you're starting from a french airport, but I looking at obesity statistics in the UK or US it should be more! Now, that would add a level of realism if the LM detected where the plane currently is ;-)Best regards,Stefan

Thanks Geoff!82 KG sound allright if you're starting from a french airport, but I looking at obesity statistics in the UK or US it should be more! Now, that would add a level of realism if the LM detected where the plane currently is ;-)Best regards,Stefan
Hi Stefan,Are there any statistc data list of average PAX weights out there on the internet? I agree with you that 82kg should be an average of a very healthy nation - although there are many women far below 60kg out there.Do Sumo Wrestlers have to book cargo flights for traveling? :( Best regards,Marc Westhofen

Are there any statistc data list of average PAX weights out there on the internet? I agree with you that 82kg should be an average of a very healthy nation - although there are many women far below 60kg out there.
As of December 1999, 85 Kilo seemed pretty accurate. See http://www.caa.govt.nz/publicinfo/media-re...ight_survey.htm. In 2003, that has been raised to 86 Kilo, including cabin bags.I'm not sure whether there are more recent figures available at present. On a recent flight to Antigua I had a guy next me who had (to) booked two seats for himself; and I'm not even certain that even with those 2 seats he went below the average. I'm still wondering whether they boarded him through a cargo door.Kind regards,Stefan

As of December 1999, 85 Kilo seemed pretty accurate. See http://www.caa.govt.nz/publicinfo/media-re...ight_survey.htm. In 2003, that has been raised to 86 Kilo, including cabin bags.I'm not sure whether there are more recent figures available at present. On a recent flight to Antigua I had a guy next me who had (to) booked two seats for himself; and I'm not even certain that even with those 2 seats he went below the average. I'm still wondering whether they boarded him through a cargo door.Kind regards,Stefan
Thank you for the link, Stefan."The outcome of that survey showed that the average weight of passengers travelling on the larger Part 121 aeroplanes was 85 kg. As the weight of the general population increases, the number of passengers that can be carried safely may reduce."This is very interesting since the ongoing trend to increase number of seats for commercial flights is not about to end. Lufthansa just stated to increase number of passenger seats step by step to face companies like Ryan Air, Easy Jet and other providers of cheap flights. IMHO people are not just getting more and more fat but also growing more and more in height. The number of men being more than 6ft tall was growing over the past decades. Good luck for taking a seat! But the good thing is that noise inside the cabin won't be a subject of future interest whilst passengers protect their ears by their knees... :( Sorry for drifting off topic: PMDG B744 issues.Best regards,Marc Westhofen

Yeah, the noise level might decrease by covering your ears. But remember the fat guy I wrote about before? I'd have loved to have something to cover my nose with. There were some really violent gas eruptions every now and then, and I hate to _hear_ somebody breathing all the time, albeit when I'm not in my bed with the favorite girl of mine next to me.Not too many details, nothin' more to say on this topic for me, I guess. I will have a run at a completely new setup of FSX today and improving performance. I would actually love to confirm "Climb and maintain FL170" to London Center next time without FSX crashing on me. The feeling of the controller must be terrible: Suddenly broken transmission and the Blip disappears from the screen... Thank god it's not real life out there, and that the B744 FMCs don't need a properly set up XP as operating system.Just my 2 cents,Stefan