Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Gary Buska

Unable to download

I've been trying to download the following file for a long time. I get to the step: "Your download will begin momentarily", and the response has been: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.I tried to download other files, an I get an immmediate download. The file in question is the Boeing 747-300 for Aerosur, POSKY. File id: posky_743_5l_tor

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had no problems downloading it but than like most of the other library managers I use FIRE FOX 3. I do not have a clue as to why you are unable to down load this file but are able to down load others. Are you using getright or some other means to download multiple downloads at a time? I pasted the link for firefox if you wish to check it out.http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/Regards,Gary BuskaLibrary Manager/Forums ModeratorAVSIM Online!www.avsim.com

Hi Gary,Thanks for your reply. I have learned something new from you today. My problem was that unknowingly, I downloaded an AFCAD for the great scenery of the Ninoy Aquino airport in Manila from Philipine sceneries, and inside their program came Mozilla Firefox 3.01 and it self installed into my computer. At the same time, I already have Norton antivirus protection program, and I am only assuming it wouldn't allow it to download. Using that Mozilla Firefox I was able to download the file. Since I have Norton, I suppose that I no longer need the Mozilla Firefox program and should remove it from my computer, wouldn't you agree, or would that be a mistake?Thanks again, :-)

Fire fox has nothing to with NORTON fire fox is a browser if you want to remove Firefox that is up to you. But I use FIRE FOX and prefer it over IE any day of the week.I still have IE installed as there are a few sites that Firefox will not work with.