Hello,This is a really hard problem to describe. I am using on-board sound and I don't see any sound settings that I can change on the mobo. Maybe the guy that built the system didn't install it. I know I told him, "Don't install anything that is not absolutely necessary."Basically, I have the default windows sound adjustments and I am using headphones.With some aircraft sound, I get a swooshing sound in the background - particularly with the CLS 747. I have switched to a freeware sound but I still get this annoying background sound. It sounds as if it is trying to imitate an aircraft moving through air towards me and then away from me. I usually don't hear it when I start in the cockpit but once I cycle through external views, I can't get rid of it. I think I have also heard it externally with other aircraft when the engines have not been started.I'm sorry if this is hard to understand but I can't think of a better way to describe it. Any ideas?Thanks

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest UlfB

If you get this issue when switching views. Press Q twice to turn sound of and then on again. Usually the FSX sounds return to normal again.Hope this helps.

Are you using the SoundMax audio? My Asus mobo came with a SoundMax card that gave me fits from sound issues with newer nVidia drivers, to popping and crackling and ATC screeching. I recently replaced it with a SB XtremeGamer for $100 and it cleared up all the problems I had been having. I have read numerous people having problems with SoundMax on Asus mobos. I wished I had gotten rid of it years ago if I had know it would be so easy to fix.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator