Sign in to follow this  

Anybody else notice this with FSAA enabled??

I was messing around with my settings today *:-* and I noticed a little issue with FSAA.When I enable FSAA, whether it be 2x, 4x, or 6x, I get a line that runs around the center of the fuselage...almost like you can see where two halves have been joined. Now, when I disable FSAA the line "showing the two halves" disappears. I have noticed this on a quite a few aircraft 99.9% being airliners.To see what I mean, enable FSAA in your video card settings (try the max FSAA setting)and load an airliner with a long cylendrical fuselage (ok, any airliner I guess, lol) and take a close look at it in the aircraft menu. You will see the line I am speaking of. Now, exit out of flight sim and disable FSAA and go look at the same aircraft....the jaggies are back but the line disappears.Anybody else ever notice this or am I just anal retentive to the point of obsession? :-lolAlso, if you don't have this and have a Radeon card like mine, the 9700 Pro, which drivers are you using...Cats or Omega drivers??Thanks to all who respond. I'd really like to "lose" this annoying occurance.:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest P3_Super_Bee

I have noticed a green line on the FFX 737s, at about the mid fuselage section. Some angles of view its there, some its not, it is most promenant when in the aircraft select window, not as bad in the actual sim. I will play around with the settings later to see if it goes away. Though its only the FFX models that I have noticed it on. (This might be since those models have been seeing the majority of flight time for me lately) And since don't appear to often while in the sim, haven't been really too concerned with it.

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

I have noticed it on the FFX aircraft as well. I have also noticed it on the CS727 and quite a few others too...it's wired. It seems to only happen with FSAA on.Anybdoy else notice this and find a way to get rid of it...or is it an FS200@ limitation on models with FSAA??

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Doesn't happen to me.Muahahahhahaahhaa *:-* :-xxrotflmao

It probably does you just don't notice it.I have talked to a few designers who say they know it is there but aren't sure how to get rid of it. I'm thinking it is an issue with FS2002 on some aircraft.Oh well, no big deal. It usually only happens on aircraft I don't fly anyways, I just always wondered about it though.Back to flying my PMDG 737 :)

Ark

>Anybdoy else notice this and find a way to get rid of it...or>is it an FS200@ limitation on models with FSAA??I bet it's a Windows 2000 problemabout a year ago, when I had plenty of games installed, and had a truckload of time to play them, I often had gfx probs in windows 2000. Forget a line in the middle of the plane. I'd get anything from parts of the airplane disappearing, aircraft lights having black square boxes around them, and not to mention some heavy amout of flickering, weird colors and such. Anyway with any FSAA enabled, the FS was unplayable, and in some other games, even with everything fancy disabled, it was often impossible to even get into the game itself, cause the main menu's would go bananas, and I wouldn't see a thing.I've tried different drivers, and all possible settings. nothing helped. then I tried Windows98, and never had any such probs. In FS, I'd turn all the eye candy on and have a good, clean picture.I'm not suggesting you go and get a new OS immediately, but IMHO Win2000 is the worst for games. (and Flight Simulators :) )I have Win98 and WinXP on this PC right now, and I have yet to experience that gfx nightmare I had on Win2000.I hope this will be of any help to you.

I see it as well, so it's not limited to Windows 2000. It is very hard to see from some angles.I suspect that the AA engine has an issue with the way the textures are split, and perhaps even with the aircraft model parts. It may be treating the fuse in these cases as two separate objects. But that's merely speculation....

Hi,I believe it has to do with the way antialiasing works. When I see this line, it's worse at medium distance than it is close up. Thus, I think that when you are using antialiasing for a given pixel, it is taking surrounding pixels and averaging them together (to get the "smoothing" effect). If you are farther away, it's actually averagine more pixels together. But what to do at the edge of a texture? There aren't any adjoining pixels on one side of a pixel on the edge. When dealing with textures, what FS has always done is to use the pixels waaaay on the opposite edge of the texture (i.e. "texture wrapping"). So, if those pixels happen to be a very different color than those at the opposite edge, the the antialiasing averaging messes up and you get that "line".There are two solutions to this problem (I have tried #2 and it worked for me).1. Have the aircraft author not map the texture to it's very edge, but instead allow a few extra pixels around each edge that aren't used on the plane, but are the same color as the surrounding area. These would be the "averaging pixels".2. Open the texture yourself and color the opposite edge of the texture the same as the problem edge (I just copied and pasted a thin strip of the back edge of the front fuselage texture onto the very front of the texture).The line went away... :)Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___