Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Installing PMDG 737NG over existing 747/MD11 installation

Hi,I decided to fly NG again in FS2004, but since I have massive modifications and custom-setups for both 747 and MD11, I would appreciate your advice on any shortcuts or solutions for this issue. I read somewhere that one of the ways is to temporaty rename pmdgoptions.dll into *tmp, install PMDG 737 and then return old (newest) pmdgoptions.dll into action.Could someone confirm this workaround OR...provide your own method.ThanksDmitriy T. (prefer not to provide my last name publicly, but I can do that privately upon request of PMDG stuff to verify my name against particular order).

Me too! I had to set up everything from scratch but left out the 737 for FS2004. Any help would be welcome as I have heard that it can cause problems.Gerry

The PMDGoptions.dll thing is the only issue - rename the "old" one (which is actually newer), install the 737 and all addons/patches for it, then delete the dll it put there and restore the correct one's filename.Note, this is unnecessary if you have the newer installer (which has a blue background, uses Install Shield and operates exactly like the other aircrafts' installers), it's only the really old installer from when the 737 first came out that has this issue.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks Tab,Simply saying - if I have new installers (links to which Paul just send me), I don't have to worry about sequence issue, right?

Thanks Tab,Simply saying - if I have new installers (links to which Paul just send me), I don't have to worry about sequence issue, right?
Yep, that's right!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com