Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

fs9.1 and windows 7

I am running w7 x64, I cannot even start fs9. it crashes immediatelyIve tried running in xp and vista compatibility mode but to no avail.Any thoughts , ideas or solutions you can pass my way?Peter

Did it work before you upgraded to 9.1 while installing it?
NO it just crashes and it appears to be a BEX error?Not sure how to work around that, also in the error message error fault 0x00000005By the way fsx works perfectly on another drivepeter

I am running w7 x64, I cannot even start fs9. it crashes immediatelyIve tried running in xp and vista compatibility mode but to no avail.Any thoughts , ideas or solutions you can pass my way?Peter
Did you install the sim using a Compatiblity selection mode on the install's excutable?

Did you install the sim using a Compatiblity selection mode on the install's excutable?
Yes, that did not work,.....what worked was the followingI looked at the error log and found I had a BEX error, after a bit of work I determined that I need to turn off DEP fully. ( cmd and bxedit run line)I turned off DEP and fs9.1 ranI also had to install the gps.dll but that is a well known error and 9.1 ran and loadedThe program runs well but there are a few compatibility issues , particularly when changing views etc.Peter