Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

World of AI installed airlines disappearing!

Hi!Have most of the latest WOAI airlines installed on fs9. However, now when I go to expert mode on the WOAI window to delete an older version of an airline and add the newest update, only the most recently installed airlines (12 in total) show up. All of the WOAI aircraft are still present however when I use fs9 and the WOAI files are all present in ....flight simulator 9/scenery/world/scenery! Has anyone had a similar experience of airlines disappearing from expert mode and how do I get them back so that I can delete old versions and update if required?Thanks,BillWindows XP Pro SP2Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz CPUArctic Cool 7 ProASUS P5N-E-SLI MOtherboard2GB Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 RAM768MB nVidia GeForce 8800GTX Dual VGA Graphics card2x 500GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive650W (2 x 12V) PSU1000GB Western Digital external Hard Drive150GB Western Digital External Hard DriveAll running 245GB of fs9 pleasure!

Hi!Have most of the latest WOAI airlines installed on fs9. However, now when I go to expert mode on the WOAI window to delete an older version of an airline and add the newest update, only the most recently installed airlines (12 in total) show up. All of the WOAI aircraft are still present however when I use fs9 and the WOAI files are all present in ....flight simulator 9/scenery/world/scenery! Has anyone had a similar experience of airlines disappearing from expert mode and how do I get them back so that I can delete old versions and update if required?Thanks,BillWindows XP Pro SP2Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz CPUArctic Cool 7 ProASUS P5N-E-SLI MOtherboard2GB Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 RAM768MB nVidia GeForce 8800GTX Dual VGA Graphics card2x 500GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive650W (2 x 12V) PSU1000GB Western Digital external Hard Drive150GB Western Digital External Hard DriveAll running 245GB of fs9 pleasure!
Did you by chance copy over your WOAI files from another installation?If so, you likely forgot to also copy over the file named WOAIDATA (np extension).It contains all of the data relating to what you had installed. If you did not copy it also, then all that would show up in your current "expert" mode would be what you have installed since the move.If that is the case, you can likely copy the original WOAIDATA file into your WOAI Installer folder and then you would need to reinstall the latest packages so they will be recorded in that file also.Hope that helps explain your situation.

Did you by chance copy over your WOAI files from another installation?If so, you likely forgot to also copy over the file named WOAIDATA (np extension).It contains all of the data relating to what you had installed. If you did not copy it also, then all that would show up in your current "expert" mode would be what you have installed since the move.If that is the case, you can likely copy the original WOAIDATA file into your WOAI Installer folder and then you would need to reinstall the latest packages so they will be recorded in that file also.Hope that helps explain your situation.
Once again, a very rapid response - thank you David!I did not actually copy over my WOAI files from another installation - in fact, apart from adding the occasional new WOAI airline as it appeared, I haven't done anything else with WOAI! It seems like the clue might be in WAOIDATA however - I have done a search for this file on my computer and it seems non-existent but presumably it existed at one point! Where would it likely have been and how could it have disappeared?Bill

Once again, a very rapid response - thank you David!I did not actually copy over my WOAI files from another installation - in fact, apart from adding the occasional new WOAI airline as it appeared, I haven't done anything else with WOAI! It seems like the clue might be in WAOIDATA however - I have done a search for this file on my computer and it seems non-existent but presumably it existed at one point! Where would it likely have been and how could it have disappeared?Bill
Mine is the WOAI installer folder on my system. It has to be somewhere or else you would not be seeing anything when in expert mode. Possibly you typed in the name incorrectly when seraching or if you did a copy and paste you might have picked up a blank space before or after the name. That will result in a "Not found" situation also. Keep us posted.

Mine is the WOAI installer folder on my system. It has to be somewhere or else you would not be seeing anything when in expert mode. Possibly you typed in the name incorrectly when seraching or if you did a copy and paste you might have picked up a blank space before or after the name. That will result in a "Not found" situation also. Keep us posted.
Mystery solved with your help! Did not realise that my WOAI installer folder was actually on an external hard drive and eventually found it on another search! Actually found that there were two WOAI Installer folders there for some reason, each held in different areas. I am unsure how there came to be two but I transferred the original WOAIDATA file to the active WOAI Installer as you suggested as that solved the problem. Many thanks again for your help - it was much appreciated!Bill

Mystery solved with your help! Did not realise that my WOAI installer folder was actually on an external hard drive and eventually found it on another search! Actually found that there were two WOAI Installer folders there for some reason, each held in different areas. I am unsure how there came to be two but I transferred the original WOAIDATA file to the active WOAI Installer as you suggested as that solved the problem. Many thanks again for your help - it was much appreciated!Bill
Happy hear you were able to get it sorted out. :(BTW - if you want to see what is in that file just make a copy of it and rename it with a txt extension. Then you can view it with Notepad or Wordpad.

Happy hear you were able to get it sorted out. :(BTW - if you want to see what is in that file just make a copy of it and rename it with a txt extension. Then you can view it with Notepad or Wordpad.
Oh thank you for that hint - I often wondered how you could read those files!