Sign in to follow this  
gman!

ATTN: Fatal Error Problems in FSX

If you are having major fatal error problems in FSX and Windows 7, even when Windows Vista and XP were stable with FSX on the same hardware there may be a solution for you. I too was having this annoying problem and never thought I could solve it until I came across this thread!http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...26-f2ed6fbeae97Search for "UIAutomationCore.dll" on the first link and read the post on it. If you are having the problem you can download the file from here:http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/downlo...oncore.dll.htmlHere is a VirusTotal result incase you are worried. I too questioned the website but users reported downloading the dll and having fsx worked perfectly!http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/4b4028a...70d7-1259197772I am going to try this out right now.

Update: May have found other solution!

Hello everyoneI solved my problem finding that FSX tried to install an older version of VS 2005 (with old MFC80 DLLs) redist. This seems to be a chicken egg - problems as the FSX installation is incompatibile with Win 7 (possibly why copying UIAutomationCore.dll sort of fix the problem - but my guess is you get other apps that migth be unstable).Below is my story on FSX and Win7-64bit the last few days, and what I have done to get mine working. I will mention things that I think migth be usefull to others. (Let me know if anybody find the below usefull - I know its a long and detailed story)I did a fresh installation of Windowws 7RC including Visual Studio 2008 and 2010. I also play Tom Clancy's HAWX (that install VS 2005 redistrubuted) + plus the usual suspects( Office 2003+NIS2009, Norton Utils, Divx, etc, etc).I then install FSX. I could not get the installation to complete. I found that I had SQL server 2005 + 2008 somehow prevented FSX to install. When I removed SQL server the installation continued and "completed" (Though I suspect this was not the real problem is with VS 2005 Redist. that caused an incompatibility *see below*). Right after FSX was installed (In Win 2000 Compatibility mode - dunno if that is really neccsary) it tried to to install DirectX 9 (and failed). I ignored this and continued to fire up FSX that asked me for the activitation code.Trying to play FSX I found the following:1. My video were slow, I reinstall the nVidia driver and solved the problem2. I could not play the missions, the game crashed, but can play free flights and tutorials. I remove apps (VS 2010, .Net SDK etc), reinstall FSX, do this and that, but could not solved the problem, untill I decided to view the Win 7 event log. There I realised that somehow there were a problem with MFC 8.0 DLL and libraries with FSX.exe. On some investigation I found that there were two installed copies of VS 2005 Redist. I removed copies and then downloaded a fresh copy from MS Website (if you have this same problem you find a log entry in the Action Centre window and how to resolve it).Once I did this FSX worked 100% on my win7 64 bit. I reinstall SQL server, VS 2008, 2010 .NET SDK etc, and everything is still working 100% (in DirectX 9, DirectX 10). Also note I have installed SP2 of FSX. My system Specs:Antec truepower 850w PSU in a Antec 900-2 CaseAsus P6T Deluxe V2ASUS GeForce GTX 295 (Dual display) - (nVidia Driver Version 186.18)Intel Core i7 920 @2.676 Gb Corsair Dominator Triple Channel 1333Windows 7 64Bit Build 7100The Event entry looks like this:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: MFC80.DLL, version: 8.0.50727.1833, time stamp: 0x482bc3e3Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0004c0f3Faulting process id: 0x1368Faulting application start time: 0x01c9fd4488385773Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.1833_none_cbf00aee470f5fb7\MFC80.DLLReport Id: e2ef38ba-6937-11de-af7d-00248c7ef0a0
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...26-f2ed6fbeae97

Guys go into your Control Panel and search "event log" then click on View Event Logs.Once the Log viewer comes up navigate to Windows Logs > "Applications" on the left-side pane and look for an event with a Red Exclamation Mark, that has Error to the right of it. Click it, it should show an error for fsx.exe. Then look at the bottom for faulting module, etc.I bet one million dollars the faulting module is uiautomationcore.dll. So it is causing the problem like what people thought all along.

EDIT: Fixed the problem by downloading the dll, doing all the steps in the posts, then I replaced the downloaded DLL in C:\Windows\SysWOW64SYSWOW64 stands for Windows On Windows 64-bit, which is used for 32-bit apps. FSX is a 32 bit app. There ya go :(

Guest Chilza381

Yeah there is that error for me. Where do you download the dll file from.Cheers Chillza381.

Guest Chilza381
Thanks. But I also realised that it says that there are errors with other files including 'ft734 dll. unloaded version' and error 1316 which states that a network error occured while trying to read from the file D:\MicrosoftFlightSimulator X.msi and the program 'fsx.exe version 10.0.660905.0 stopped interacting with windows and was closed' (I suspect this was why it sometimes said while I was flying 'Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working and then it says windows is checking for a solution to the program and then it it says windows will notify you of a solution to the problem and then the game quits. And I couldn't find it today when I looked but I found it yesterday and is said that there was an error with a weather dll file. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Chilza381.

hi!i tried the method of replacing the file "uiautomationcore.dll". can i ask first, if i replace it, will it affect my PC's performance? also even if it doesn't i can't replace it because it says i need permission from an administrator...AND I AM ONE! how do you override the security settings to replace the file? please help! thanks!

Guest Chilza381
hi!i tried the method of replacing the file "uiautomationcore.dll". can i ask first, if i replace it, will it affect my PC's performance? also even if it doesn't i can't replace it because it says i need permission from an administrator...AND I AM ONE! how do you override the security settings to replace the file? please help! thanks!
I'm not sure, I haven't exactly tried it yet, well I have but like you I can't get into it even if I'm the administrator.

I'm not sure, I haven't exactly tried it yet, well I have but like you I can't get into it even if I'm the administrator.
ive managed to replace it i followed instructions search on google something like "how do you delete files from system32/syswow64"

It should not affect your PCs performance. It is a 32-bit dll working with a 32-bit application. There is a utility on the net called Take Ownership that creates a new menu in the context menu (the menu that appears when you right click blank space in Windows Explorer), and it will allow you to take ownership of the files on your system (Vista and Windows 7). Because of UAC in Windows Vista and 7 it will not work when you try and replace the file in the windows folder. Before you replace the dll in the Windows folder, try putting the DLL in the main Flight Simulator X folder first (same folder where fsx.exe is) and see if fatal errors still occur. Link: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-menu-in-vista/Good Luck :]

ive managed to replace it i followed instructions search on google something like "how do you delete files from system32/syswow64"
i managed to delete the file and replace it with the working DLL. FSX runs great now! i flied from London to Rome and that took 2 hours. if i didnt replace the file by the time i would of reached the north coast of France it would of crashed...but no! thanks a dozen. now i can enjoy FSX as much as i can! (i wonder why that file was conflicting with FSX?)

Guest EUEGNE
i managed to delete the file and replace it with the working DLL. FSX runs great now! i flied from London to Rome and that took 2 hours. if i didnt replace the file by the time i would of reached the north coast of France it would of crashed...but no! thanks a dozen. now i can enjoy FSX as much as i can! (i wonder why that file was conflicting with FSX?)
Hey, Can you take me step through step on hoe to do it cause iv had this problem for a really lon time and im getting tired of it. Thanks for your help.With what do you open the file cause i get these wierd signs and stuff and i have no idea what to do... Thanks for your help.

Guest Chilza381
Hey, Can you take me step through step on hoe to do it cause iv had this problem for a really lon time and im getting tired of it. Thanks for your help.With what do you open the file cause i get these wierd signs and stuff and i have no idea what to do... Thanks for your help.
here take a look at this. It should help. Look at the 2nd post as it tells how to fix the problem whether you have a 32bit or 64bit pc. But don't click on the link on the 2nd post as it is something else. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums...42-146414087ec5