Sign in to follow this  
gary_canuck

Cannot download from Avsim file library with new Google browser

Im also in the same vote...hopefully someone will have an answer soon.Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Avsim, will there be a solution to this?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest jbinner

sure, not to sound too abrasive, but how bout use MSIE or Firefox? BOTH of which are known to work.Until we all test around more with google's new browser, no, there won't be a solution as there is already 2-3 other browsers that DO work. (Netscape, Opera, etc.)

I've suddenly not being able to D/L items from AVSIM using MSIE browser. Have no problem with the other FS site D/L's, or any other for that matter, FS or not. Receive "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page". Don't use Google or Firefox.Thought maybe it was a security setting on my Vista notebook however since I can D/L elsewhere I"ve come to the conclusion it is unique to AVSIM and MSIE. Not yet got my head around Vista so that could be the problem.Any suggestions I might try?Thanks in advanceGaryP.S: Been a AVSIM fan since Ch***t was a cowboy and hate to not continue now at my age.:-violin

Started up my old Win XP computer and found I can still D/L from AVSIM --- no problem. Guess this narrows things down to my Vista OSand the permission settings for me as the Admin User. Looking at the great number of security options I really do not know what to look for. I'll just have to do a bit more research.Gary:-hmmm