Sign in to follow this  
vector

"Captain Speaking 2002" - Any Good ???

HiHas anyone used or using this addon. The product description sounds very interesting. I am aware that the only flights that can be flown are those contained within the package. However, is it possible to use your own a/c such as pss's a320 pro ?I've seen it for sale in my local "Game" for a modest

Hi Gary,The package basicly consist of FS2002 adventures. This means that it probably won't work in FS2004. The available flights have been critisized for not containing every beacon/fix and not following specific SID's.I myself like the package and the way you can fly using just the ATC without using your instruments. You do need a good ear because some of the controllers speak fast or use accented english (that makes it more real though). The great thing is the way you can request another runway and the vectoring they do. The PSS A320 is usable but you have to reassign some keys (panel views) because this packages uses those keys (for example I had to assign 'Shift 1' to 'CTRL Shift 1').Radar Contact is as similar package that offers more ATC functions and isn't binded to a limited set of airports (a shame that one isn't availble in shops over here) and I hear ATC in FS2004 has become quite good.Harry

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest edrutl

Gary,You may want to check out a review Maury Pratt and I wrote of Captain Speaking 2000 here in the AVSIM review library. You can use your own aircraft in the program, much like Radar Contact or other ATC programs. You mentioned the limited flight schedule. We both had stability problems with the original version and little help from the company in getting them solved.From what I understand CS 2002 added a few new features, but still didn't compare favorably to other products of the time. With Radar Contact 3.0 being released after that time and FS2004's new ATC around the corner (both which allow your own aircraft and virutally unlimited routes) - CS 2002 may not be the best bang for your buck.Ed

Thanks for your comments guys.I've just visited the radar contact site and have to say it sounds a far better product - especially as i'm currently using FSnavigator for my flight planning. Do you know if the cd can be purchased here in the uk ?ThanksGary

GaryI believe that Radar Contact can only be bought on CD via their website.David

Guest claudius41ad

Hi Gary,You will find that you can export FS Navigator flight plans to Radar Contact.RegardsRoger

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

The other you should consider is Super Flight planner and create your own flights, it comes also with a sid / star database and there are a few addon ATC "chatter" files available.Any product that uses the APLC language is not compatable with 2002. It works but for some reason the AI ceases. shame realy, I realy enjoyed APLC adventures.