Sign in to follow this  
Guest joejccva71

Can someone help me please?

Guest joejccva71

I purchased 3 products in June of 2008.FS2Crew FSX Level D-767 EditionFS2Crew FSX Flight1 ATR EditionFS2Crew FSX Flight Crew X: Gold EditionI just reinstalled MS Flight Simulator X and wanted to get back into the game again, but I'm currently lost. I'm not sure why I purchased the 767 and the Flight1 ATR, and THEN purchased the Flight Crew X Gold Edition afterwards considering that the Gold Edition has those packages anyways.I know I need to redownload the Flight1ATR and the D-767 plane, but for whatever reason I'm getting errors trying to start the FS2Crew start center for the Gold Ediition. I was able to redownload the Gold Edition fine, but it doesn't work.I run Vista 64 now. Are these products compatible? If not, I can install my old Windows XP pro like I had before.Can anyone offer any assistance as to why these aren't working correctly?

Hi,Errors with the Start Center in Vista.Probably a DEP issue on your machine.Make sure DEP is off.Even better, disable DEP globally via the command line.http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/...-windows-vista/Even better solution:Dump Vista and upgrade to Windows 7.

Hi,Errors with the Start Center in Vista.Probably a DEP issue on your machine.Make sure DEP is off.Even better, disable DEP globally via the command line.http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/...-windows-vista/Even better solution:Dump Vista and upgrade to Windows 7.
I switched to Windows 7. After I installed FS2Crew I now get "Fatal Error" then it restarts FSX. I have no idea what's wrong. Still lookingHarry :(

Hi Bryan;Thanks for your reply. Sorry I haven't kept up with this thread. I uninstalled FS2Crew and concentrated on some other problems I was having in Windows 7. Got most of them resolved. I'm going to try to reinstall FS2Crew sometime this weekend. I have found out that if I right click on the installation and after installation in order to EXE the program a menu will pop up giving me the option to "Run as Administrator," that will, most of the time, correct my problems. Question: Is FS2Crew compatable with Windows 7? Or do I need to download a patch or something else? I will keep you posted on how things progress in trying to reinstall FS2Crew.Again thanks for your reminder.RegardsHarryPS BTW.. In answer to you question. I have Level-D 767 that I'm trying to install FS2Crew for.

Hi Bryan;Thanks for your reply. Sorry I haven't kept up with this thread. I uninstalled FS2Crew and concentrated on some other problems I was having in Windows 7. Got most of them resolved. I'm going to try to reinstall FS2Crew sometime this weekend. I have found out that if I right click on the installation and after installation in order to EXE the program a menu will pop up giving me the option to "Run as Administrator," that will, most of the time, correct my problems. Question: Is FS2Crew compatable with Windows 7? Or do I need to download a patch or something else? I will keep you posted on how things progress in trying to reinstall FS2Crew.Again thanks for your reminder.RegardsHarryPS BTW.. In answer to you question. I have Level-D 767 that I'm trying to install FS2Crew for.
Hi Harry,FS2Crew works fine in Win 7 .Yes, you should always run your software as an Administrator.Even better, run everything out of an account with Admin privileges and ensure UAC is off.I also recommend installing FSX/FS9 out of the Program Files folder to avoid point UAC issues as Vista/Win 7 can be finicky about writing stuff in the Program Files folder.Cheers,