Sign in to follow this  
Guest RSmith

What are you looking forward to in FS2004?-No negatives...

Guest ssurjap

Ok, people. I have one request for this one. No negatives on this post please (We've had enough for a while :)). In other words, after you list your feature, don't follow it up with stuff like "ALTHOUGH THEY COULD'VE DONE THIS BETTER" or something like that :)What features are you looking forward to in FS2004 (for those that are going to get it)?My list:1) More "realistic" ATC2) AI Aircraft going to non-towered airports.3) Simultaneous approaches (kind of neat to watch, I think).4) Taxiway signs (and I think gate/ramp numbers).Steve

Pitch black moon-less nights. :9Michael J.

man, it's already too dark at night! LOL ;-)I want to see the extra eye candy, the new detailed airports, my home one of DFW especially, the new Lear!!!! the DC3 and hopefully some added performance!Either way, I see it as a step up and I am looking forward to it!!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

1. Better IFR ATC - e.g. more than just ILS approaches2. Better helicopter flight model3. there is no Number three 8^) , although I am looking forward to the clickable VCs - i.e. this is not a "mandatory" thing for me to upgrade to '2004.Re: #2 - some data is already in, and it's not particularly positive. Some coverage of this can be found over at the Avsim helicopter forum.Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest seev_39

Among many other things;1. Better landclass and terrain for VFR. Towns in the middle east shouldn't look like midwest USA towns, etc.2. More detailed mesh.Seev

>4) Taxiway signs (and I think gate/ramp numbers).No gate/ramp numbers this time.Regards,Etienne

1.) New addons! I can't wait to see what you geniuses come up with for this gem!2.) Weather - by far, the best addition.3.) Ultimate Traffic with the new AFCAD/AI system.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

1. Improved ATC2. Improved AI 3. Improved textures and autogen.It's hard to stop there. I am also looking forward to the new planes, improved GPS, weather and it goes on and on.Of course the release of FS2004 means we are that much closer to FS2006! :)Tony

Guest RSmith

Like the rest:1. Improved ATC - especially an ability to "recover" my IFR clearance, when I "step away" to the fridge - mid flight !2. Ability to change altitudes enroute to take advantage of more favorable winds...... and,3. Enhanced weather - especially the dynamic options.....Ron KORL

>1. Improved ATC - especially an ability to "recover" my IFR>clearance, when I "step away" to the fridge - mid flight !That was microsoft's version of the "no drinking and flying" law...

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Better weatherImproved ATCMore detailed airportsHopefully better performance than F2002Improved graphics More detailed cities

better crash effectspretty sunsetsthe dc-3

Though the eye-candies are VERY seductive, I'll narrow my "non-impulsive" wishes from FS2004 ;)1) Improved & realistic flight model. It still has to learn some more...especially from other great sims.2) Improved weather modeling, and I'm NOT refering to the visual side, but for the weather effect on the flight model itself - i.e., real icing, a real freezing carburetor, vastly improved turbulencies and micro-bursts. True variable wind (both direction and speed). Up and down drafts... and real wake-turbulencies from AI and multi-player aircrafts.3) Improved aircraft systems simulation in terms of realism, operation and faults.4) No more bounching 400 ton aircrafts when landing ;) FS2002 has bugs that causes unrealistic bouncing....;) 5) Improved 3D sound6) Yes! the new weather-engine...finally ;)))7) REAL 100% 3D rendering - no more 2D bill-boarding and that includes the FX lights. I've 3D goggles and it's impossible to land on a runway with those FX lights since that they are calculated and rendered using the 3D engine - The effect is 3D runway with stationary lights in both eyes - IMPOSSIBLE to land..REALLY! ;)8) Improved mip-mapping and anisotropic filtering9) Improved VC quality....10) Last but not least, Improved ATC and AI aircrafts ;)Phew, Well...I guess that I want to avoid a real scroll so that should be enough..4 now ;)Cheers,Oren.