Sign in to follow this  
Guest RSmith

What are you looking forward to in FS2004?-No negatives...

Guest SoarPics

Improved weather and ATC. More graphics setting options so that more folks can tweak the sim to their system. The Cub, Lear and R-22.Thanks to all the testers and gold owners for the great screen shots and going above and beyond to answer all our questions since the NDA was lifted. You folks are the best.:-beerchug

I was going to post my short list of favorite items that I've found so far in FS2004, but I think I'll wait until our (AVSIM) review is posted. I had made my list of interesting things (new) here, but once I had reached 100 individual items I decided to delete the list and save it for my review. I will say that when all the subtleties of all the improvements are experienced, FS2004 is truly a wonder.There are so many improvements with FS2004 (as compared to FS2002) that it would be impossible to list them all. Even something as simple as opening a door (for example) you'll notice that the door handle moves first, then the door opens. If you're inside the aircraft, you not only see the door move, you'll hear the door handle or latch release and you can actually hear the door opening, same goes for closing it. Or maybe you just happen to notice a tour boat moving along, like you do at Niagara Falls or an elevator going up a building. I've also noticed a lot of new easter eggs, but the one that I guarantee will drop your jaw is what they (MSFS design team) have done with Cape Canaveral, trust me, you won't believe it.Bear!http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/22379.jpg

>have done with Cape Canaveral, trust me, you won't believe>it.I would be extremely impressed if not only they had the shuttle launch pad modelled (I think these are launch pads 34A and B - former SaturnV/Apollo pads) but every single launch pad (if still remaining) dating back to the Mercury program. And VAB (Vehice Assembly Building) to boot.Animated rocket launches ?.. I am not sure I could stomach this .. :-lolGreat signature image Bear !Michael J.

Guest RobK

1. Improved ATC and AI2. Improved weather3. Clickable VC's4. The new Lear 455. 3D clouds6. Taxiway signsRob

>- i.e., real icing, a real freezing carburetor, vastly improved turbulencies and micro-bursts. True variable wind (both direction and speed). Up and down drafts... and real wake-turbulencies from AI and multi-player aircrafts.

Guest tgabriel

Those Garmin GPS units and the improved weather

everything else is cake

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Great signature image Bear !<By the way, that signature image is a unedited (except for cropping) screenshot from FS2004 (launch pad 34A I believe) and the VAB has been updated as well.Bear!