Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

Default EHAM Performance ?

I flew into EHAM from KATL (my first pond hop in the LevelD 767) and upon getting to runway 18R started getting poor performance. It was very jerky and I started getting AutoGen Spikes. After doing some searching around it looks like EHAM is one of the big heavy hitters especially if you are running UTX Europe. I use GEX Europe, UTX Europe, FEX, Ultimate Traffic2, Scenery Tech LandClass. I get great peformance everywhere else but man it really takes a fall at EHAM. I actually blame this on Nick and the GEX Europe team as if they never did Europe I most likely would never have flown there in the first place :( . Like I said after searching around this is not a un common problem I just want to know what you people see or do when flying into EHAM with the above mentioned add-ons. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Jim Wenham

Hi,Realize this is going to happen, let it happen, and move on! The same things happen at KATL and KJFK and other high density airports. If that is not good, then turn down your sliders when approaching!Thanks,

Hi,Realize this is going to happen, let it happen, and move on! The same things happen at KATL and KJFK and other high density airports. If that is not good, then turn down your sliders when approaching!Thanks,
I actually can fly in KATL (ImagineSim) at 40% AI level smoothe as butter, that was the reason for my question as ATL is the largest airport in the world. After looking more into the issue I think it is the classic too much autogen being called for in that area. I just think it sure was stupid for ACES to spend more time in that area creating a high detailed airport and then ruin it with their crappy autogen placement. OH well there are lots of other airports to explore.

Jim Wenham

Did some more testing and found that UTX to be the problem. I turned off UTX and the problem was gone.

Jim Wenham

Did some more testing and found that UTX to be the problem. I turned off UTX and the problem was gone.
It's due to the extra landclass stuff like a lot of water + terrain features like car / bridges...Without UTX less rivers and car traffic ;-)

André

I find turning off the airport vehicle traffic and/or autogen helps alot with that problem on the heavy airports. Currently enroute to EHAM as I type this. Running UTX Europe also.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I actually can fly in KATL (ImagineSim) at 40% AI level smoothe as butter, that was the reason for my question as ATL is the largest airport in the world. After looking more into the issue I think it is the classic too much autogen being called for in that area. I just think it sure was stupid for ACES to spend more time in that area creating a high detailed airport and then ruin it with their crappy autogen placement. OH well there are lots of other airports to explore.
I agree. I'm not that big a fan of Imaginesim airports compared to FSDreamteams and FlyTampa's stuff, but they did a pretty good job on KATL. I can fly into there with 60% AI in the LDS 767 and get better performance than I did with the stock KATL, mostly maintaining 22+ FPS with pretty high settings.As far as Europe goes, I am not that happy with the performance I get there with UT Europe installed. I get much better performance in the US with UT USA. I have turned off a lot of features in UT Europe, including the road traffic which seemed to be the biggest culprit. It's too bad that the Euro version won't perform as well as the US version. Because of that I rarely fly in Europe any longer and stick to the US, Central and South America, and the Caribbean.On a side note, I had been having an issue of late with the autogen spikes and textures on the a/c disappearing. Most blamed it on the fact that I was running XP 32bit and 3 gb of RAM, but it turned out that my faulty onboard SoundMax card that came with my Asus mobo was the cause of my problems. Last weekend I replaced it with a SB XtremeGamer X-FI soundcard and no more autogen spikes and other graphic problems, plus I gained a few FPS.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Loke

There are a zillion channels in the Amsterdam and Rotterdam area, meaning lotsa bridges. Try turning off small autogen bridges in the UTE setup. And if you use Ultimate Traffic II, turn off moving jetways, because they can have quite an impact at large airports.

I agree. I'm not that big a fan of Imaginesim airports compared to FSDreamteams and FlyTampa's stuff, but they did a pretty good job on KATL. I can fly into there with 60% AI in the LDS 767 and get better performance than I did with the stock KATL, mostly maintaining 22+ FPS with pretty high settings.As far as Europe goes, I am not that happy with the performance I get there with UT Europe installed. I get much better performance in the US with UT USA. I have turned off a lot of features in UT Europe, including the road traffic which seemed to be the biggest culprit. It's too bad that the Euro version won't perform as well as the US version. Because of that I rarely fly in Europe any longer and stick to the US, Central and South America, and the Caribbean.On a side note, I had been having an issue of late with the autogen spikes and textures on the a/c disappearing. Most blamed it on the fact that I was running XP 32bit and 3 gb of RAM, but it turned out that my faulty onboard SoundMax card that came with my Asus mobo was the cause of my problems. Last weekend I replaced it with a SB XtremeGamer X-FI soundcard and no more autogen spikes and other graphic problems, plus I gained a few FPS.
How did you figure it was the sound card causing your problem? BTW, I find the only way for me to get good performance with UTX Europe at EHAM is to set the Scenery Complexity to Normal. Then it works fine. If I find more areas in Europe like this I may just remove UTX Europe as the hit seems large with it.

Jim Wenham

Turn off Ultimate Traffic2 and see how much difference it makes concerning the performance issue.

On a side note, I had been having an issue of late with the autogen spikes and textures on the a/c disappearing. Most blamed it on the fact that I was running XP 32bit and 3 gb of RAM, but it turned out that my faulty onboard SoundMax card that came with my Asus mobo was the cause of my problems. Last weekend I replaced it with a SB XtremeGamer X-FI soundcard and no more autogen spikes and other graphic problems, plus I gained a few FPS.
Interesting. I do video editing with my FSX computer. I was trying to track down a buzz I was getting while recording with a mic. I have a year old MSI MB using onboard sound. As an aside, if I had it to do over ,I wouldn't buy this board again. As a last resort, I grabbed an old Diamond sound card from my parts pile, and installed it. Buzz went away and some benchmark scores went up. I forget that the more tasks you take off of the MB, the better things can run.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I have often wondered if removing the onboard sound would help things - particularly my last board.Anyway, I think some of the default enhanced airports are real FPS hogs. The worst one for me is LFPG - single digit FPS during morning rush with a 3rd party AFCAD and 100% AI with UT2. Now before you say UT2 is the culprit, Imaginesim KATL, FSDT JFK/ORD and Heathrow Extreme are no problem - all have a manageable slowdowns. Jetways are off with UT2.Of course you could say the AI is the issue because it does result in a big hit anywhere but if I can run the ImagineSim KATL, I should be able to smoke every default airport. BTW, I am not running Ultimate Terrain. I never liked the FS9 version because it had way too many conflicts with add on scenery. Of course this wasn't the fault of Ultimate Terrain, it just didn't work for me.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Just wanted to mention really quick that imaginesim is working on updating performance for there airports in fsx so hopfully it should boost fps a bit more. sometimes the sound card can cause alot of problems so checking it is a good idea also bad usb ports may cause really nasty performance problems also so check that if your having bad performance.20 October 09 FSX updatesWhilst beavering away with our VHHH project wehave also been quietly updating all of our FSX titles to bring them bang up to date. These updates are general performance improvements and most importantly will enable older AI aircraft packages to work. We plan to get these FSX updates on to the website in the wake of the Hong Kong release.http://www.imaginesim.com

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Thanks for all the replies. So far this is only happening at EHAM or when flying around there and from what I have read it is a problem area to say the least. I just thought it was strange to get such poor performance with the system I have. If I lower scenery complexity to Dense and autogen to normal it flys fine or if I move scenery complexity to normal and AG at dense is good also. Turning of UT2 did not improve things. One note on UT2 if you turn off GA you can boost up your commercial level 10 to 20% higher with smoothe flight.

Jim Wenham

Guest Loke
Thanks for all the replies. So far this is only happening at EHAM or when flying around there and from what I have read it is a problem area to say the least. I just thought it was strange to get such poor performance with the system I have. If I lower scenery complexity to Dense and autogen to normal it flys fine or if I move scenery complexity to normal and AG at dense is good also. Turning of UT2 did not improve things. One note on UT2 if you turn off GA you can boost up your commercial level 10 to 20% higher with smoothe flight.
Do as I said, JW. Turn off autogen bridges for urban or whatever (forgive me if I cant't remember excact what to do)...but it'll work.Else...if you want to compare, I'm running my E8600 at 4GHz with ATI5870. Which is the first time I feel the planes are sort of "free from the environment"...really flying like a plane should do and not like flying in sirup :(