Sign in to follow this  
michaelohalloran

Feelthere ERJ 145 for FSX help please

Hi guys, i just recently got this wonderful aircraft add on but i am having a little bit of trouble i would hope someone could help me with.Are there any tutorials that i can look at to know how to get this aircraft started up from cold and dark? I'm not sure where to start to get it up and running correctly, I did have the same problem with the PMDG 747-400x but i learned all that with a bit of help from you guys here.Also, i use FS build to export a flight plan, Can i use it with this aircraft? I don't see the aircraft option in FS build to export it... Of course first step is for me to figure out how to get the aircraft started up.I'll appreciate any help.. Thanks guys.. and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Yes, the manual contains the Start tutor and FMC tutor.Yes, FSBuild can send the flight plan to MSFS and then the procedure in the manual tells you how to get it into the FMC.The FSbuild forum can tell you how.You need to read the manual then fly the plane.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

i just recently got this wonderful aircraft add on ...
from the above quote, and your subject line, did you buy the ERJv1 (simulates only the 145LR, released late '04), or the ERJ v2 (simulates the 135LR, 145LR and 145XR, released nov. '09)?--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Assuming you have V2, when you export a plan in FsBuild export to FSX.XML as well as your FSX FP folder, then rename it without the dash. So KBOS-KDEN should be KBOSKDEN you should then be able to load the plan using Co-route in the FMC.

from the above quote, and your subject line, did you buy the ERJv1 (simulates only the 145LR, released late '04), or the ERJ v2 (simulates the 135LR, 145LR and 145XR, released nov. '09)?--
I have the one released Nov 09, including the 135LR, 145LR and 145XR.
Assuming you have V2, when you export a plan in FsBuild export to FSX.XML as well as your FSX FP folder, then rename it without the dash. So KBOS-KDEN should be KBOSKDEN you should then be able to load the plan using Co-route in the FMC.
Thank you, so when i click export i select FSX.XML? I have only ever exported to the PMDG 747x.. It it just says created.. So i'm not sure what you mean as far as renaming it after exporting it if you could explain please. :).Also do i need to export to both FSX.XML and FSX FP?

Are there any tutorials that i can look at to know how to get this aircraft started up from cold and dark?
manual beginning on page 18.and from manual page 79 the 'V2' support forum -http://forum.iemit.com the 'V1' support forum is also helpful (as an ERJ is an ERJ) -http://iemit.com/forum--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

***John,I export Flight plans from FSBuild to FS9 and FSX for feelthere ERJ v2 and do not rename anything.ERJ v2 does not have a COROUTE. Where did you see that in your ERJ v2?
Also, i use FS build to export a flight plan, Can i use it with this aircraft? I don't see the aircraft option in FS build to export it... Of course first step is for me to figure out how to get the aircraft started up.I'll appreciate any help.. Thanks guys.. and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
For FSbuild exporting, go to the FSbuild forum for assistance setting up the program.

Best Regards,

My mistake about the Co-Route! I just started using FT's 737 again! Yes export to FSX (XML) Then it should be displayed under Load FS Flight PLN in the FMS. I suppose re-naming is not necessary but I've gotten into the habit of doing this when loading FsBuild plans from the MS default Flight plans folder.

My mistake about the Co-Route! I just started using FT's 737 again! Yes export to FSX (XML) Then it should be displayed under Load FS Flight PLN in the FMS. I suppose re-naming is not necessary but I've gotten into the habit of doing this when loading FsBuild plans from the MS default Flight plans folder.
John,I have never had to rename a plan. Why did you ever have to do that?Also:I cannot get it to work the way you described.I just did a new FSbuild plan (xml) and checked it was exported to my FSX plans folder.It went to the same folder all my FSX plans go to.I opened it an seen it was ok.The ERJv2 FMC did not list this or any other plan on the FMC.Plans that were previously loaded in the FMC are in the list.So, tell me the steps in the FMC you do to get a new flight plan to be listed in the ERJv2 FMC?

Best Regards,

I have never had to rename a plan. Why did you ever have to do that?I started doing it with Coolsky's MD80, other wise I could never see the plan. Also when FsBuild exports to say PMDG or LeveD this is the naming format it uses. 1. I create a flightplan in FsBuild.2. I export to both Fs2004/FSX & FSX (XML)3. I rename the plan without the dash.4. I load up FSX and select the ERJ and the FP and go into Sim.5. Once in Sim I load the flightplan again this time I choose no when asked if I would like to place the AC at the airport. This loads the FP into memory. I will point out I use a 64bit OS so I'm not sure if this necessary for you, but its worth a try.6. I then load the plan from the FS Flt pln page in the FMS.I hope this helps if not as suggested check out FsBuild's site.

The ERJv2 FMC did not list this or any other plan on the FMC.
the FMS does not read FS flightplan files. (manual page 47, also in support forum FAQ)
So, tell me the steps in the FMC you do to get a new flight plan to be listed in the ERJv2 FMC?
manual page 47 and support forum FAQ.support forum -http://forum.iemit.com (as listed on manual page 78)--

John,I started doing it with Coolsky's MD80, other wise I could never see the plan.** Ok, I do not know Coolsky's MD80..."Also when FsBuild exports to say PMDG or LeveD this is the naming format it uses."** True, but they are RTE (route files) and go to their own folders.** naming would not be a problem here but not necessaary either.Anyway,You said: "Yes export to FSX (XML) Then it should be displayed under Load FS Flight PLN in the FMS".This is the part that is wrong. In the following steps where did you do this?....................................1. I create a flightplan in FsBuild.** OK2. I export to both Fs2004/FSX & FSX (XML)**OK3. I rename the plan without the dash.** OK, but not necessary.4. I load up FSX and select the ERJ and the FP and go into Sim.**OK, any xxxname.pln will load. Dashes or not.** Ok, the plan is in MSFS memory now. I checked the NavLog.** This is what permits it to be loaded in the ERJv2 FMC later.5. Once in Sim I load the flightplan again this time I choose no when asked if I would like to place the AC at the airport.** OK so load the plan a second time into MSFS memory, but not necessary."This loads the FP into memory."** Ok, the plan is in there again."I will point out I use a 64bit OS so I'm not sure if this necessary for you, but its worth a try."** I have 32bit... should not make a difference.** The plan does not have to be load into MSFS memory again.** Once it is in MSFS memory it can be loaded into ERJv2.6. I then load the plan from the FS Flt pln page in the FMS.** correct, on the FMC it says .. LOAD FS PLN** Here you are not selecting the FSbuild plan (renamed without the dash).** And there are no plans in the FMC "list" to choose from!I hope this helps if not as suggested check out FsBuild's site.** FSbuild is working ok for me right now.

Best Regards,

5. Once in Sim I load the flightplan again this time I choose no when asked if I would like to place the AC atthe airport.** OK so load the plan a second time into MSFS memory, but not necessary."This loads the FP into memory."** Ok, the plan is in there again.It is necessary for me, I must load the plan again in the Sim and at the airport. I choose the FP from the menu first because it puts the ERJ at my departure airport, but its the second FP loading in Sim that makes it appear in the FMS.

5. Once in Sim I load the flightplan again this time I choose no when asked if I would like to place the AC atthe airport.** OK so load the plan a second time into MSFS memory, but not necessary."This loads the FP into memory."** Ok, the plan is in there again.It is necessary for me, I must load the plan again in the Sim and at the airport. I choose the FP from the menu first because it puts the ERJ at my departure airport, but its the second FP loading in Sim that makes it appear in the FMS.
***************John,No, you only have to load the flight plan into MSFS memory once.And, you said: "Yes export to FSX (XML) Then it should be displayed under Load FS Flight PLN in the FMS".This is not true.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Here is what I just did to confirm ... you can do it also:See screenshot.1. FSbuild XML plan to FSX2. Start MSFSX3. From the startup screen (screenshot) I selected.AircraftDeparture airport and gate selectionLoaded the FSbuild flight plan KTOL-KGRR (plan is now in MSFSX memory)Fly NowWant MSFS to relocate? ..NO4. Now at departure airport KTOL/gate 15. Check Navlog .. (plan is still in MSFS memory)6. Power up ERJv27. Go to FMC8. Push FMC button FPL9. select FMC LSK Key next to "LOAD FS FPL"DONENo having to double load the plan into MSFS memory a second time!No dashes removed from the flight plan name.There is no list in the FMC with the flight plan name from FSbuild.you said: "Yes export to FSX (XML) Then it should be displayed under Load FS Flight PLN in the FMS".This is not true.Ktol.jpg

Best Regards,