Sign in to follow this  
pan pan pan

LAHSO

Will the new RC5 be able to handle LAHSO or is it too hard to program?
it would certainly be cool. but i think what i have on my plate now is enough to do.maybe in v6 for LAHSO

it would certainly be cool. but i think what i have on my plate now is enough to do.maybe in v6 for LAHSO
I could imagine.V6?Hey, since you want to talk about V6, lets put in some requests!1/ How about Controllers that swear at you in 15 different languages, including Basque, when you screw up. 2/ Or how about Controllers that let you do flyby's of the tower.3/ Oh Oh ive got a radical idea! What about Controllers with a sense of humour!!!!!! :( Oh yeah, and LAHSO.........

I think it would be hard to program, not that I'm trying to discourage the boss. Look at all the conditions involved:Current AI traffic regarding aircraft performance and position. FS won't honor LAHSO operations.AI on multiple intersecting runways and taxiways at once. Guessing where or when they would clear the intersecting paths. Will an exit taxiway be clear to allow turnoff before the intersection.Estimating your aircraft rollout - can you stop before the active intersection. It would have to be done by aircraft type (heavy, jet, turbo-prop, prop.) unless RC has a new feature where for your aircraft you can specify your minimum roll out for each flight due to weather, etc.BTW I have done a LAHSO landing with a small but fast GA real world. I had a faster aircraft (scheduled turbo-prop) getting near entry to final that would be on my tail that would have to hold. Tower asked if I'd agree to a go-around (I had the right of way on final) but I offered a break out to a crosswind runway (crosswind was within tolerance) stopping before the intersection and everybody was happy. I even got a thank you from the airliner cockpit over the comms. It impressed my girlfriend passenger at the time. Yes, that would be a cool feature.

Guest Mushroom
Ron here's one helluva pilot!!
One helluva line-shooter more like! :(Mushy