Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Taxiway sign question for JohnCi

Guest JonP01

Hi John,You may have missed my question that I tagged onto a previous topic regarding taxiways. I was just wondering if the scenery density slider needs to be set to a particular minimum density value in order for the taxiway signs to display (ie "sparse", "normal", etc). Or do they work like the windsocks did in FS2002 - that is they appear regardless of density settings?Thanks.

Once the scenery density hits normal, as I recall, then they appear. I know with the slider far left, they are gone....I aliased FS2002's airports to FS2004, just to see what difference there'd be in performance. Performance is improved, but the airports look so dang dull, I'd take 10fps with the taxiway signs and improved taxiway textures. And this comes from someone stuck on a 25fps lock in FS2002. The eye candy really improves the flight realism...

Guest JonP01

Thanks John. I suspected that might be the case. Hopefully given that FS2004 seems to be better optimised, it might even be that frame rates are similar - FS2004 with "normal" versus FS2002 with "sparse". Perhaps if it had been me I might have been inclined to make them appear at any scenery density level, as I doubt the signs themselves would have much performance impact, if any. Under the current FS2004 architecture though, it seems we will have to pay a price for them because they only in conjunction with a higher overall scenery density setting.