Sign in to follow this  

GA traffic with UT...?

Anybody get GA traffic with UT because Mine is gone?Kilstorm

Download the update then recompile your aircraft. Details are on their support forum.

Guest product

I loaded the update and do get GA traffic at airports in the UT database, but still no activity at other (ie smaller) airports. I found this to be a minor disappointment.Best,Joel

Did you install UT over FS with an unmodified Traffic.bgl? If the traffic in FS was not stock traffic, that might be part of the issue. I did a clean install of FS, a clean install of UT, updated, compiled, and had GA traffic everywhere it should be. Note, GA traffic is removed by UT from large airports (no 172s at JFK, for instance). A good test would be to get GATM (GA traffic manager) from one of the libraries, generate 5-10 flights from the airport where you want GA, put the generated files into your "Extra traffic" folder of UT, and see if those flights show up. If not, post this over at the UT forum (www.ultimatetraffic.com), it could indicate deeper issues with your install. Alternatly, be patient - the next UT update will change the way GA traffic is handled dramatically!sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Wayne Smith

You seem to be "in the know" about UT, so even though I have posted on the UT support forum, thought I'd check with you on thisI had installed UT, and it was working fine. Had also installed SP1 and the update.Then, for some reason, I started up FS2K2 and there was no traffic anywhere. I recompiled. No joy. Uninstalled and re-installed twice - including SP1 and the update. I did this in the order specified in the SP1 readme file. The second time I re-installed I also un-installed TTS from the Windows Add-Remove programs,deleted the UT folder in Flightsim, and deleted the aircraft the UT had installed in the aircraft directory. After re-install #2 and recompile with all airports worldwide - still no traffic - even though the compile process goes OK each time, and completes. I also tried recompiling with the last install, using different options, such as unchecking the box to display blue and gray aircraft when re-paints weren't available.When I launch Flight sim, or change the ATC setting for traffic density, I see a message indicating that AI traffic is loading. But - no traffic. No duplicate or "copy of traffic.bgl" in my Flight Sim folder. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any assistance!Wayne

Guest tascaso

Per the UT forum FAQ! It is unecessary to start with a stock traffic.bgl! UT generates a brand new one and renames your old one. I just installed UT and then the SP1 and away you go!Check the FAQ and forums.Tony

I just used the PAI GA package and installed the default GA. My qiestion I have now is with the 2004 version allowing you to check Commercial and GA traffic for AI I wonder if UT will allow us to leave Commercial unchecked and just check GA at which UT will just install Commercial traffic and wont have to worry about UT installing the GA traffic? I just want my GA traffic as much as my commercial.Kilstorm