Sign in to follow this  
sac601

Problem with Radar Contact and Window 7

I load Window 7 pro 64 bites with my fs9 and I have FSUIPC registered the 3.93. I click on my Radar Contact and it opened version 4.3 on CD. I load my flight no problem but when I press control shift K it says standby forever. Nothing happened. Do you have a solution? also when I minimysed the FS9 there is a square saying: RunTime error "75":RadarContact.fsuipc.rcv4codeOK Thanks AL

I load Window 7 pro 64 bites with my fs9 and I have FSUIPC registered the 3.93. I click on my Radar Contact and it opened version 4.3 on CD. I load my flight no problem but when I press control shift K it says standby forever. Nothing happened. Do you have a solution? also when I minimysed the FS9 there is a square saying: RunTime error "75":RadarContact.fsuipc.rcv4codeOK Thanks AL
and you are running as admin, right?

Man I still have problem with it. I load as administrator like before but now it says Run-Time error "62":RadarContact.rcv4module.read_callsignsI can't start it at all.Thanks Al

Man I still have problem with it. I load as administrator like before but now it says Run-Time error "62":RadarContact.rcv4module.read_callsignsI can't start it at all.Thanks Al
did you edit any files in \data?where does the error occur? after you do what?

All right, I deleted the RC. Under C drive there was to RC RCV4 and RCV4X. When I deleted it the RCV4X deleted but not RCV4. I try to delete it but it says administrator permission to delete this folder RCV4 so I don't know how to do it. I try to reload the RC for my FS9 into my window 7 and everything when fine until this message came. Set up was unable to create directory "C:\Program Files (X86) rcv4" error 5:access denied. What should I do. Let me know please Al

All right, I deleted the RC. Under C drive there was to RC RCV4 and RCV4X. When I deleted it the RCV4X deleted but not RCV4. I try to delete it but it says administrator permission to delete this folder RCV4 so I don't know how to do it. I try to reload the RC for my FS9 into my window 7 and everything when fine until this message came. Set up was unable to create directory "C:\Program Files (X86) rcv4" error 5:access denied. What should I do. Let me know please Al
you shouold have uninstalled through the control panel, like any other app. deleting folders like that is problematic.but aren't you missing a "\"? shouldn't you be trying to delete or install to "C:\Program Files (X86)\rcv4"?

I have found that Vista and 7 get very temperamental when you try to install things on C: drive. I have gotten into the habit of installing things, at the very least, outside of the "Program Files" folders. I have a separate folder on C: drive called "FS Utilities." Of course all my games go on a separate drive. Also get into the habit of running every executable as an administrator, and setting up all programs to run as an administrator. And as JD said, uninstall things from the control panel.

The \ was there. I deleted it with uninstall but the two rcv4 and rcv4X did not delete. I tried the control panel under Program and Feature and it did not delete.Please help I am desperate.ThanksAl

I open a file like this C:\Fs Utility and I installed it there and it work. However I can't delete the two RC4 and RC4X under Program file.ThanksAl

I open a file like this C:\Fs Utility and I installed it there and it work. However I can't delete the two RC4 and RC4X under Program file.ThanksAl
can you make a screen shot of the explorer window, showing the rcv4 and rcv4x directories?

I have found that Vista and 7 get very temperamental when you try to install things on C: drive. I have gotten into the habit of installing things, at the very least, outside of the "Program Files" folders.
Best to do that with FS itself, too -- solves most problems. The "Program Files" folder is protected against you, the user, on both Vista and win7.
I have a separate folder on C: drive called "FS Utilities." Of course all my games go on a separate drive. Also get into the habit of running every executable as an administrator, and setting up all programs to run as an administrator.
If FS isn't installed in Program Files, and none of your utilities are either, then you never ever need to run any of them "as administrator". I don't. But then I always use two separate drives -- one for the operating system and one for FS and all of its add-ons. ;-)
I open a file like this C:\Fs Utility and I installed it there and it work. However I can't delete the two RC4 and RC4X under Program file.
That's because all Program Files folders are protected. You'd have to run Windows Explorer "as administrator" to get the needed privileges.Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Wish I had known this before. Now RC work because I load it under C:\FS Utilities.Thanks But I can't get RC4 and RC4X out of Program files.Al

Wish I had known this before. Now RC work because I load it under C:\FS Utilities.Thanks But I can't get RC4 and RC4X out of Program files.Al
what is your uac settings? not allow any changes? i've always been prompted for a password or permission when i was doing something that might not be safe.but you click start, type explorer.exe into the search bar, and this is the important thing, press ctrl-shift-enter (this causes explorer to launch as administrator).now you should be able to delete the directories. be careful. you have god like power at this point. you could delete the windows directory too.if that doesn't work, then something else, maybe norton or some other intrusive, all-knowing, all-seeing, pain-in-the-a$$ protector of stupid stuff happening is keeping you from deleting it.jd