Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

The new features for UT2 just listed :-)

Guest Jeff11
I believe they are releasing it as a beta to current customers in the next few days. I have no idea how long it will take for it to become official - probably will depend on how successful the beta is.
Do you guys recommend UT2 (or would after the update) over Simmarket's version of My Traffic?

Do you guys recommend UT2 (or would after the update) over Simmarket's version of My Traffic?
I would recommend it, although I have never used My Traffic. The only other AI packege beside UT2 I have had for FSX is WOAI. Even without the next service pack it is, in my opinion the best AI package I have ever used, and will only get better going forward. I think it is much better than bgl based AI packages. What I mean by that is most AI packages use traffic.bgl's for their flight plans, where as UT2 actually injects the traffic to the places where and when its supposed to be there. The advantage I have noticed is better frame rates and reduction in do-arounds due to less traffic spawning on final appraoch. The other feature I like the best is that if your on final and there is a plane ahead of you that you are catching up to and will be in your way, you can zap it with a key stroke to make it disappear. Also, if you have too much traffic at an airport and are getting too much performance hit while on final you can use a key stroke to zap all the traffic immediatly, then after you land you can have it all back. The reason you can do this is because it doesn't use bgl's for the flight plans.The onle thing that does bother me however, is that sometime you get a 2 to 3 second pause while the traffic is injected when you are approaching the airport. Alhough those times can vary depending on the airport and the amount of traffic you have to be displayed. This is one of the things that the new service pack is addressing.Just my .02, but I wouldn't use anything else.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I would recommend it, although I have never used My Traffic. The only other AI packege beside UT2 I have had for FSX is WOAI. Even without the next service pack it is, in my opinion the best AI package I have ever used, and will only get better going forward. I think it is much better than bgl based AI packages. What I mean by that is most AI packages use traffic.bgl's for their flight plans, where as UT2 actually injects the traffic to the places where and when its supposed to be there. The advantage I have noticed is better frame rates and reduction in do-arounds due to less traffic spawning on final appraoch. The other feature I like the best is that if your on final and there is a plane ahead of you that you are catching up to and will be in your way, you can zap it with a key stroke to make it disappear. Also, if you have too much traffic at an airport and are getting too much performance hit while on final you can use a key stroke to zap all the traffic immediatly, then after you land you can have it all back. The reason you can do this is because it doesn't use bgl's for the flight plans.The onle thing that does bother me however, is that sometime you get a 2 to 3 second pause while the traffic is injected when you are approaching the airport. Alhough those times can vary depending on the airport and the amount of traffic you have to be displayed. This is one of the things that the new service pack is addressing.Just my .02, but I wouldn't use anything else.
I think you might just sold me on this package. I am a long long time WOAI supporter and I'm having a real hard time making the decision to get UT2 or not. Are their flight models up to FSX requirements? No strange AI a/c mid air behavior?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

You can zap traffic with FSUIPC and or SuperTrafficBoard with bgl based traffic, STB can do it automatically for you if the traffic is behind you. You also cannot beat MyTrafficX 5.2b or MTX2010 for good framerates, you can get 3x the amount of traffic for the same frame rate hit with MTX compared to UT2 and about 6 times more than with default traffic, even Just Flights Traffic X doesn't come close to being as frame rate friendly as MTX.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest j0nx

I didn't read about a 40% improvement in fps at major hubs? That would be nice if it pans out.

I think you might just sold me on this package. I am a long long time WOAI supporter and I'm having a real hard time making the decision to get UT2 or not. Are their flight models up to FSX requirements? No strange AI a/c mid air behavior?
Yes they are up to FSX requirement and no there is no strange AI a/c behavior.Plus, with the new service pack they are going to include some new models which they claim will provide huge increases in performance. As far as the amount read the top post. I think they claim up to 125% at some airports. This is one of the few packages that I can run airline at 100% most of the time and not suffer any conquences because they inject the traffic that is supposed to be at the airport at that time.Another thing to consider is if you want real world flight plans as scheduled by real world times? UT2 is based off of real world airline schedules and fly actual flight plan unlike most AI that just fly a direct route. To me that is not important, but having the airlines and the correct airports is important to me. I don't want random airlines at each airport that dont really fly there in real life.They are also going to release a Winter schedule soon as well. Right now the airline traffic is operation on a realworld summer schedule.It's worth a try. Flight1 has a 30 day money back guarantee if you dont like it you can get your money back. That being said, you have nothing to lose.Good luck.

d. Flights can be 'turned off' that you may elect to fly the route in place of ai traffic.
Excellent! There's nothing worse than flying somewhere for 11 hours, only to find that your 'Doppelg

Petraeus

Since the AI is injected in UT2, is it possible to follow an AI plane from takeoff to landing, or they disappear sometime after takeoff?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Plus, UTII has the option not to have jetways docking and undocking, which can be a big framerate hit with traffic at major airports.
MTX has had this option for the last 3 versions. I also forgot to say that you need to select the DX10 schedules to get the best out of MTX performance wise as this disables the few older none FSX SP2 models that remain.

Cheers, Andy.

The beta update has been released. The link is the the UT2 customer forum.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

The beta update has been released. The link is the the UT2 customer forum.
Funny I was going to say the same thing.Funny how they say"Install at your own risk" I guess since it's a beta release they have to say it.Have you tried it yet? Now I am thinking that I may wait a bit and see if any new bugs pop up before I try it.

Funny I was going to say the same thing.Funny how they say"Install at your own risk" I guess since it's a beta release they have to say it.Have you tried it yet? Now I am thinking that I may wait a bit and see if any new bugs pop up before I try it.
I'm still downloading. I was kind of thinking the same thing. The last thing I want to do is hose up my FS install on a Friday night.I'll see what the documentation says once the download is finished.For everyone else that is readinhg this, go install it as fast as you can! :(

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Do not install the SP1 as there's a problem with the installer, infortunately. They're on the case and hope to solve the problem soon.I was one of the impatient ones...but that's what beta is all about.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

The SP1 beta service pack up back online for the brave souls who want to give it a shot.I had mixed feelings about trying it, but since I also have a full set of WOAI installed as well I might as well give it a try since I can revert to WOAI if the SP1 doesn't work.

Let us know how it goes. I probably download it tomorrow.