Sign in to follow this  

Anyone from CSI that can comment on 319? Will it be released?

Guest Spilot

Hello,I am very interested in hearing from one of the members if the a/c will be released. I am patiently waiting for it, if it doesn't come out oh well, but this a/c was great and I would love to be able to fly it, I still have the early release version and love it to death, even though some people were childish, It shouldn't have to mean it ruins it for the rest of us. We all support you guys on your hard work. Thank you very much.AdamSpilot692000@yahoo.com

Guest Boone

Have you considered purchasing the PSS A319 or even the entire Airbus Pro package from PSS containing the A319,20 & 21?It is an outstanding add on and worth every penny/cent and more. You get a stunning pannel, FMC with SIDS, STARS, TECAS, load utility, the works. About the only thing it doesn't model is WX Radar.I purchased it around Christmas last year when I gave up on waiting for the Project Airbus A319. The panel alone has enhanced my flying experience far greater than I could have ever imagined. Gorgeous model with a stunning VC to boot!Just a suggestion that may even improve your predicament.Cheers, Boone

Dear Boone,I guess it's a matter of what is important to him.I also own the PSS package but must say I am rather disappointed by the visual appearance especially of the CFM-engined models. I cannot really say why, but the nose looks not real anough to me. Add to that the too-long gear legs and for the engines, the CFM's really look odd. The IAE engines are okay. Most of the 321's had wrong wing textures (no use for emergency paths on them...).Of course, the big thing about the PSS is the panel, no doubt about it. Full managed flight, if You manage to learn how to program the FMC in under 1 hour... ;-) Interior graphics, displays and all are marvellous. Agreed, definitely worth a buy, if You're into panels, FMC etc.Remark: No hassles with re-installs, by the way. PSS features a very customer-friendly policy, You can download anything You ordered anytime again.But, for my usual short flights (less than 1,5 hours), I'm way better off with a PA320/CSI319beta with the Eric Marciano panel, flying it "like a 737". You can also have a "semi-managed" mode in the new version, which is quick and easy to adjust. It can also use default FS2K2 flightplans, has TCAS,...So, I can understand why he wants a CSI319... it looks just better. And, You should be able to link it to the PSS FDE/FMC like You could with PA's 320.Have nice flights,Torsten

Guest Spilot

Yes I have the pss panel and aircraft. Love the panel and fmc and everthing use it with the CSI but the outside visual is totally wrong, the flaps look anciet technology, the nose is not an airbus nose at all, and the slats have very little detail. Other than that its a great plane, not knocking PSS this was built a long time ago and was top notch for that time, but todays standards have changed. I really just love the CSI plane. I am too waiting for PA but CSI visuals and flight dynamics is amazing. Really hope they will release it to the public. AdamSpilot692000@yahoo.com

I personally dont understand CSI. They whine about all these mean people, but what about the people who were kind to them in the forum and are anxiously waiting for release? I think they could be acting a little childish, too.

The fact that they stated near the end before they pulled the plug on their forum that they will all be released "very soon" when the rest of the aircraft liveries get painted and now a couple months have gone by. This stringing along of those that did not complain in there forum and were supportive of CSi got mud in our face. If they want to act this way, I would not bother me to ever see or hear anything from them again for FS.

Eric 

Remind me all of how much you're paying for their work?Not a thing. So what makes you have any right to place demands or pass judgement on their actions? You don't. :-roll I don't blame them for not wanting to release anything else.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

I'd normally agree John, but I know full well, once you enter the freeware arena and start collecting your fifteen minutes of fame, you at least owe your "fans" half an effort. Take the POSKY CRJ--how difficult would it have been to animate the ailerons from the interior view? ;-)That's part of the problem--at what point does the attention (and even boost into the payware arena that some freeware designers receive) require freeware designers to show some respect for their customers? Many of us stood by supporting CSI (come to think of it, I've been flamed for making comments in favor of both CSI and POSKY). If anything, we helped moderate their forums against the flood of inevitable frustration some heaped on them for basically posting and pulling three release dates that I know of.I have long championed freeware and taken flak for treating designers with kid gloves, but I'm afraid some freeware designers come in here with an attitude--they want their fame, but they don't want anyone to dare question a flap placement, a series of delays, or a minor detail. And they use the threat of "we'll stop developing" when they don't like what they hear.I'm afraid that's just baloney. Many a freeware designer has used these forums to get themselves associated with a payware project. We do owe our fans something. I wouldn't be toiling away on yet another update to a program if I didn't feel that way. And I've been flamed in email and in the forums for some of my work. I don't care--my work has bought me more friendships than grief--and for that I do owe something to the community.-John

I'd normally agree John, but I know full well, once you enterthe freeware arena and start collecting your fifteen minutesof fame, you at least owe your "fans" half an effort. Takethe POSKY CRJ--how difficult would it have been to animate theailerons from the interior view? ;-):-hah fair point. However, since the designer of it left, it won't happen now. :) II don't think it was wise of CSI to annouce their intentions to release the A319 when it clearly wasn't ready, but that doesn't excuse some of the comments made by certain people. Sure, you can argue "they bought it on themselves", but thats not an excuse for what comments were made.The respect that freeware devolopers once had is long gone. I recall the days of FS98, PFG were like gods and rightly so. Why? The majority of simmers were adults who respected the efforts to make the hobby better, for nothing.I'm probably going to be flamed for this comment, sobeit it. But to me its impatient 'kiddies' have really ruined this hobby.That's part of the problem--at what point does the attention (and even boost into the payware arena that some freeware designers receive) require freeware designers to show some respect for their customers?Customers? They're not customers, nor are they owed anything. This is half the problem, there is this mindset that freeware authors somehow owe them something, this couldn't be futher from the truth.

Cheers,

John Tavendale

Guest panzerschiffe

>>Customers? They're not customers, nor are they owed anything.>This is half the problem, there is this mindset that freeware>authors somehow owe them something, this couldn't be futher>from the truth.> I would have to disagree here. A group of people who decide to make an airplane for the flight simulation community owes to the end users to provide some support. Even if your offering is free, what would people think of you if you just released an aircraft and provided no support for it? There's no possible way a release can easily work for everyone.CSi had an enviable reputation built on two fantastic aircraft, the MD-11 and their 717. And their Airbus series was primed to raise and spread that reputation. But where is it? I can live with it being delayed longer, but why isn't there SOME word from the CSi folks about what is happening?Sure, the plane is free, and technically, you don't owe end users anything when you release it. But how much can a group's reputation stand that sort of attitude?

Hi John,>Customers? They're not customers, nor are they owed anything.:). But considering the price of the product, it would be fair to assume that it's supplied 'as is', and the customer has no right to demand support from the developer. But I think the point here is a different one, namely the announcements of releases that never happen. There have been quite a few of those recently, which could result in apathy on the customers' side. I tend to greet announcements of new freeware product with a somewhat sceptical attitude, like 'I believe it when I see it'. I'm sure I'm not the only one, and this attitude will not help the community as a whole - when developers see a less than enthusiastic response to their announcements, they may lose the incentive to continue with the project. And then the customer says 'yet another non-starter'... Surely, this can't be good for anyone.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Definition of a customerCus"tom*er (k[u^]s"t[u^]m*[~e]r), n. [A doublet of customary, a.: cf. LL. custumarius toll gatherer. See Custom.] 1.One who regularly or repeatedly makes purchases of a trader; a purchaser; a buyer.I agree that designers/groups have a duty to provide support for their file(s), but the issue isn't about support. CSI didn't exactly help their cause by providing screenshots of their A319 and saying its coming, when clearly it wasn't near completion, but its still no excuse for the types of replies and posts aimed towards them.

Cheers,

John Tavendale

Guest Coneman

For me it's a question of doing the right thing. If I were creating freeware aircraft, and chose to post screenshots of the "soon to be released" offering, I would feel obligated to follow through, regardless of whether I'm being paid or not. So WHAT if there are whiny kids. I deal with that everyday. If you can't deal with that, then maybe you shouldn't be in the freeware business. It's a fact that there are many kids in this hobby also. That's not going to change, nor should it. They could be doing something far worse. There are just a few that need to learn some manners. But I would feel pretty rotten about myself if I just chose to run home with my marbles and disappointed so many people.Todd

Hi Gosta,Look, I agree 100%. Thats why we at POSKY (with 1 or 2 exceptions :-hah) don't annouce a project until its pretty close to release. I've been on both sides of the fence, I know what its like to be someone waiting with anticipation on the release of a certain file, I also know how one can be a bit dissapointed when for one reason or another the project has been delayed. But it doesn't give me, (or anyone else for that matter) the right to start making demands for answers on when. If people showed a little more patience and compasion towards authors things would be a whole lot better IMO. :)

Cheers,

John Tavendale

Guest CharlesH

HiMy two cents, I deeply admire those who have the talent and time to make planes, panels and scenery for all of to enjoy. They have my deep respect. Whether nor not CSI or any other freeware developer should nor should not announce their release, is really up to them. There are those who just cannot wait. I have seen this problem come up everytime. People just don't realise that people have other lives outside of FS. If the release don't happen on time, well, so be it. It really sad that some people don't understand that. Patience is a virtue that some people just don't have. I for one am grateful and if and when CSI or any other people release their freeware, I will enjoy it. I think it that basic respect and understanding is needed by some people. Is the world going to end if CSI doesn't release their A319? No. I am hopeful that they will and those who flamed CSI will learn their lession, but I doubt it. This subject will come up again. I will wait and be thankful to all those individuals that make FS fun for me and others.Charles