Sign in to follow this  

Anyone from CSI that can comment on 319? Will it be released?

>>>>>Remind me all of how much you're paying for their work?Not a thing. So what makes you have any right to place demands or pass judgement on their actions? You don't. I don't blame them for not wanting to release anything else.<<<<<

Eric 

EDIT: Spelling (yea on two words): Roger that.

Eric 

Usually when someone or some group says something, they have the intent of sticking by it or at least supporting it. Even if we are not paying for it, there is no reason to pretty much ...say its gonna be released 'SOON'......say its gonna be released 'SOMETIME NEXT WEEK'......say its gonna be released 'THIS WEEK'......'Coming this week'...I personally understand that they could be upset about some of the people in the forums, because, they were problems. I just dont see the point in lying to so many FS enthusiasts when they really had no intent to release towards the end. They could have at least erased all the forum messages and posted one sticky saying that it wouldnt be released.Also, John said they dont owe us anything. But yes, they sort of do. They brought it on themselves by posting screenshots and the beta version and these posts saying 'Coming Soon'.I can understand they were [or still are] upset, but c'mon it just isnt right for the group to hold to something by having these 'Coming Soon' posts to get all the spotlight on them, and then not follow through on their promises. It just doesnt seem right.Just my 2 pennies worth :-)

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

"dont owe us anything. But yes, they sort of do"They owe you nothing, zilch. If this the attitude FREEWARE people have to contend with, then the much harped death of freeware is your own making, then you will have something to cry about. If you've paid, yes you deserve support and everything associated. The problem is, you support payware (a certain company) who will shaft you anyway possible and like lemmings, you fall for every excuse in the book then go back for more.I would suggest to all the moaning minnies, if you cant wait....build your own and have some of it from the other side of the fence. That assuming your prepared to :1. spend money on design tools2. Invest hours of time in research3. Invest 100's of hours in the design process4. Hours and hours in texture5. Spend 000's on the likes of Photoshop or similar6. Have a broad back because you did'nt release it for free and on time7. Be insulted8. Be told you owe me something because it was free9. Be told your stuff's crap.10. Suffer demands that even a new born baby does not make.If you agree to these points, you have my sympathy, you really need to seek proffesional help. Get a life or get building. when it's done it's done and not before.AD

@Ashleigh Davidson: And I thought I was a flamer. Gee, thanks:-roll. And how do you know what payware companies will do? What does this post even have to do with payware? Its that CSI gave specific dates on releases i.e. Next Thursday, etc and then wouldnt follow through... that just isnt fair! Now let me have my opinion and you can have yours! And Thank you for telling me I am responsible for killing freeware...That's right:-roll.