Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 - Gauge Stuttering and Rudder Behavior Problems

Hi everyone,I've had FS2K2 for a while, but haven't had much time to invest in it until recently when I started my PPL training. However, I'm having a number of problems that I'm hoping you all can assist me with.1) When I fly the default Cessnas, the aircraft seem almost impossible to fly in a stable manner. They jump slightly from left to right, and when I watch the A/S indicator, it will climb smoothly for a while and then jump well back by 20 knots in an instant. What's going on here? This gauge is really bad for stuttering back and forth and no amount of trim seems to be helping. In essence, I cannot achieve straight and level flight under any circumstances - the aircraft just keeps jumping around.2) Same aircraft, but the problem is with the rudders and the turn/bank indicator. This gauge just seems absolutely haywire - it jumps all over the place in conjunction with the stuttering of the A/S indicator and no amount of rudder input seems to be enough to keep an aircraft centered on the runway during the takeoff roll. Flying the real-life Cessna is easier than this! So, what can I do to fix this? The applets for my ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar all indicate that the stick is calibrated and operational (works just fine in Falcon 4.0) but FS2002 just doesn't want to behave. I have an AMD2400XP+/1 Gig DDR RAM/GeForce3 Video Card with the latest Detonators. My joystick is a Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar and RCS Rudders.Thoughts and suggestions would be gladly appreciated!Thanks!

Have you completely gone through the "assignment" list to make sure somethings not competing for the control surfaces?The defaults arn't perfect, but what you describe is not a built in problem. You could also try the RealAir 172 file available here, in the library and the 182 replacements on their website. FSD also has an updated Baron file , as well as others. These are all freeware.http://www.realairsimulations.com/home.htmlhttp://www.fsd-international.com/L.Adamson

Thanks for the tip - the RealAir 182 file made a massive difference. Pulling back on the stick now generates an appropriate response in terms of pitch. I haven't tried the 172 file yet, but I'm very pleased with the 182 files thus far. I can't seem to spin the 182 though...it comes out of stall way too easily...have to work on that.