Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

MODS - Why was my Post Deleted?????

Guest BMarcoux

Could someone explain why my post on the Geforce 4 card giveaway was deleted?? Did I break some rule??Brad

Hey my post on the 9700 pro was just deleted too? Please tell if I did something wrong. I always thought this was the place to post that kind of thing.

Guest BMarcoux

Well, I found mine in the Hardware Forum!! I put it in this form because MSFS is the Sim I use and all the people who work and design all the great addons that I'm trying to thank are in this fourm!!! Nobody looks in the hardware forum :) Well if anyone wants in the giveaway the info is in the hardware fourm. Brad

It isn't deleted, just has a new home. It's in the H/W forum. I know threads related to hardware are encouraged to get posted there. Even I make frequent visits there.... Some H/W posts are allowed here, such as "I have a new Radeon, and FS is locking up". Think much depends on the context the post is in...

Oh well, I never go over there maybe that is why I thought I would post it here. Well thanks for telling me where it is.

Guest guyjr

Honestly I think this forum doesn't have enough traffic to warrant these types of posts being moved to another forum. Granted, when FS2K4 hits the streets, this place will be covered head to toe in posts, but a few months down the road it'll be back to this pace again. I just think it's more convenient to find all the MSFS related posts under one umbrella... maybe there's a way to configure the forums to allow people to look at all MSFS posts, but if they wanted to see only MSFS + Hardware posts, there would be a filter to only show those posts... I don't think the forum software running here can do that tho.

I have to agree, although I'll admit I'm glad the days of seeing "Which Nvidia 40.3278945325329 drivers work best?" every other thread are gone. THAT was just irritating.

Guest ba747heavy

Perhaps the reason that the HW forum gets no traffic is because people don't bother to post in there :) HW forum is for 'hardware' issues, hence the name ;-) I don't see anywhere in the MSFS forum description that says that hardware topics can be posted. But is has been said by the mods that if the hardware issue is directly releated to MSFS(ie with this upgrade M$F$ is the only game to slow down to negative FPS), then your OK posting in the MSFS forum.

Guest Aidi

This forum as titled is for MS Flight Simulation. We have a dedicated forum for PC/MAC Hardware issues. To that end, anything that gets posted in this forum which is of a hardware nature and not directly related to MS Flight Simulator will be moved. This is clearly stated in the pinned header in this forum called"MSFS Forum.. Please read"http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=121685&page=No post will be deleted, just moved to a place designed for the purpose. If we didnt move threads that were Off topic this forum would soon be flooded with threads which bear no relation to MSFS whatsoever. RgdsAidihttp://www.vfr-flightcenter.com/avsim_sig.jpg

HmmmmMaybe Avsim just does`nt like to see anything given away for free?I see hardware related posts here all the time and they don`t get moved.

"Maybe Avsim just does`nt like to see anything given away for free?"Why would that be? Seems to me that if that were the case, we would have just deleted the message rather than moving it; deletions are easier to do than moves BTW. Do you have any other theories about our motivations?