Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boone

Feel like quiting FS2002 with only a few weeks to COF?

Guest Captain Barfbag

What?? You want me to go back to skies populated with Airwave, Orbit and Soar? You want me to taxi around airports with planes parked randomly near blockhouse terminals? No, thanks.I know I can bring in most of my AI fleet, but how about co-ordinating the aircraft with the terminals? They've changed the files that AFCAD deals with, so we will be stuck with defaults until this gets figured out. I'm hoping that TTools will work well enough to modify the traffic files, but the addition of GA at untowered airports means that it won't be as simple as just dropping the FS2002 traffic file in, unless you want to trash all that GA traffic.So, I'm playing with FS2002. I'll get 2004 when it comes out, and tinker with it and even fly it a bit, but no serious flights until I can get the traffic and airports back the way they belong.

Guest RSmith

Unusual reaction, this time.With each prior version, I was more than ready for the upgrade. This time, however, have to admit I'm still having fun with 2k2. Although I'll update as soon as COF arrives, like others, I'll be siimming as usual with 2k2, and enjoying the flight time....... Heck, I'm still on the learning curve regarding 2k2 add-on's...... !RonP4 2.8P4PE9700 Pro 1281 meg DDR SDRAMAudigyXP Home

Guest danowat

Hi,Well the question with me is "what am I going to LOSE by getting FS2004".I mean so I will lose out on clickable VC's, oh well not to bothered.I will lose out on the "updated" ATC, well the current ATC is ok for me.I will lose out on better weather, well I get on fine with the weather add-ons I use.The scenery looks quite the same as FS2002, so I can't see what I would miss there, plus the chance of not being able to use some of my addons is worrying.I have spent to much time and effort getting my AI traffic to how I want it, so until we get tools to add our current AI to FS2004, I won't be dumping FS2002 anytime soon.Sure I will buy FS2004, but there is not one "killer" upgrade to FS2002 that I am looking forward too, I think FS9, is more of a FS8.5, sort of like an interim upgrade.Dan.

>The scenery looks quite the same as FS2002, so I can't see>what I would miss there, plus the chance of not being able to>use some of my addons is worrying.>There are many areas, such as the Caribbean, where scenery is vastly improved. I also like to do backcountry flights in mountainous areas, in which there is also a major improvement in textures, water textures, and auto-gen placement. It makes FS2002 look "dull" in comparison. L.Adamson

Guest dpc

I can relate, only from a slightly different perspective.Hard Drive Crash!!! :-newburn I had a hard drive crash last week. Not a huge issue because I'm pretty good at keeping stuff backed up. I recently upgraded my mobo, proc, and mem so I had prepared to do a format anyway, if I couldn't get things running without it. Well I did get things going without the format just fine. About 3 weeks later, drive crash.After 2 years of adding generic texture upgrades, terrain mesh, land class files, lights, scenery, AI aircraft, nav programs, weather programs, etc etc... It is absolutely amazing how different FS2002 looks right out of the box. :-lol Well there is absolutely NO WAY i'm going to try and rebuild 2002 to how I had it before. So I now I have a brand new, freshly built system which I will start the whole process again on for FS2004. What a great hobby. Get to start from a new baseline every couple of years. :-beerchug

I am looking forward to FS2004, until I found out how much it is going to cost me to upgrade my computer. Well, I am in need of an upgrade anyways, so it was bound to happen sooner or later. I will purchase FS2004, but I have a feeling it is going to be about 6 months of dealing with default aircraft and a few selected addons from FS2002 before we really start rocking and rolling with updates for the FS2002 payware and understand the new way of coding for FS2004. So six months after the release of COF, we will have a great flight sim. so that means a year and a half of great fun until COF 2, or FS2006, or FS10 (whatever it will be called) comes out and we have to go through the growing pains all over again.Don't get me wrong, I am excited to try out COF, but I know I will keep FS2002 loaded for about the next 6 months after the release.

Guest tascaso

At first I had thought I would wait until this winter to delve into FS2004. Since the BETA folks have been posting and writing about it I have changed my mind and I pre-ordered it from AMAZON along with next day air. I do not have the time to hang out at our lousy computer stores in this town. I also went out and bought a Western Digital 7200 RPM ATA133 80 gig HD, for my box. Along with MOBO and CPU upgrade. Yes I am addicted. I have a ton of payware I plan on migrating to FS2004, after all these years and occasional excursions to racing sims...I always come back to flying.Tony

Guest ssurjap

I still fly with FS2002, even though I can't wait until COF. Heck, my virtual boss will kill me if I stop flying for our VA for four weeks :).

I just played FS2004 at the 100 years of flight thing in Dayton today.. I flew the Wrightflyer and the 747-400, But I wasnt really amazed as I thought I'd be... I mean the sky is better and the 747 looks great now but thats about it... Either they had the scenery turned down or FS2004 isnt what its cracked up to be...GeJe

Guest JonP01

>Jon,>>EB suggest around the start of August. Doesn't suprise me that>Hardly Normal don't know of the date, they're pretty hopeless>when it comes to new games. :-rollI agree about Harvey Norman. In fact the resident gaming hardware "guru" at my local Harvey Norman did not even know what a "rudder" was. No kidding. Unfortunately there are no EB's anywhere near me, but there is one about 10 minutes from Mum's place.

After a few weeks (gold version), lot's of scenery settings and experiencing much more than what you would have at a quick demo...............I can tell you --- you've missed alot! :)I may never go back!!!!!!!!!!A few recent pics in the attachment:

Guest Boone

>A few recent pics in the attachment: