Sign in to follow this  
rightseater

CLS aircraft FSX native or not?

Can someone tell me if the CLS DC-10 is FSX native? Also, is there 742/3 FSX native, and is it compatible with DX10 yet?

Check your dc-10 with this...modelchecker_228390.zip from the Library.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Check your dc-10 with this...modelchecker_228390.zip from the Library.Bob
I can't do that Bob, I don't have the 742/3, but was considering it, and I can't find my purchase information for the DC-10. I was going to contact CLS about trying to find my info so I can download the DC-10 again, but I didn't want to go through that if it's not a native bird. I seem to recall that it's not.

Hi JeremyI have the CLS 747 200/300 and it says on the back of the box that it is "FSX (Acceleration, SP2 & DX10 Preview compatible) or FS2004". Does this mean that it is a native FSX model? Hmmm. My feeling (one which I certainly stand to be corrected on) is that the FSX model has not been done from scratch for FSX like the PMDG 747 (for example) has been - I suspect that if it had been they would have said so on the box...I do not have their DC-10 but I suspect the situation is identical to the 747.

Konrad

Hi JeremyI have the CLS 747 200/300 and it says on the back of the box that it is "FSX (Acceleration, SP2 & DX10 Preview compatible) or FS2004". Does this mean that it is a native FSX model? Hmmm. My feeling (one which I certainly stand to be corrected on) is that the FSX model has not been done from scratch for FSX like the PMDG 747 (for example) has been - I suspect that if it had been they would have said so on the box...I do not have their DC-10 but I suspect the situation is identical to the 747.
Hellono special tools neededOpen the mdl file with notepad and post the first line hereMDLXMDLH should be in the first line if it is a true FSX model, MDL8MDLH if it is a FS9 portoverFSX models will have a separate VC mdl as well

Hellono special tools neededOpen the mdl file with notepad and post the first line hereMDLXMDLH should be in the first line if it is a true FSX model, MDL8MDLH if it is a FS9 portoverFSX models will have a separate VC mdl as well
Hi just checked the Cls Dc-10 it is MDL8MDLH so it is a port I remember back when it was in development that originally it was going to be for fsx only I also checked the cls /justflight 747 it is also MDL8MDLH so its other port.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Hi just checked the Cls Dc-10 it is MDL8MDLH so it is a port I remember back when it was in development that originally it was going to be for fsx only I also checked the cls /justflight 747 it is also MDL8MDLH so its other port.
That's what I wanted to know. Too bad. Thanks for checking that out.

That's what I wanted to know. Too bad. Thanks for checking that out.
No problem Jeremy it is indeed sad, I hope they start doing fsx native models in the future not sure if there upcoming version of the 767 will be fsx native.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

No problem Jeremy it is indeed sad, I hope they start doing fsx native models in the future not sure if there upcoming version of the 767 will be fsx native.
HelloI wish that developers would be more transparent about True FSX modelsJust because they say "FSX compatable" means nothing at all and only tricks the unwary into buying a portover with all the performanceimplications that has for FSX

Guest whicker

Looking at the first line in the model.mdl is not enough to say if it is a true native FSX aircraft. That only checks the visual model. You must also evaluate the aircraft.air and .cfg file. Many changes to aircraft.air file were made when FSX was released.Many so called Native FSX aircraft do have a FSX model.mdl but also have a FS2004 aircraft.air file.

HelloI wish that developers would be more transparent about True FSX modelsJust because they say "FSX compatable" means nothing at all and only tricks the unwary into buying a portover with all the performanceimplications that has for FSX
I recently brought this up at an unnamed developer's forum and they acted like I was crazy...Developers really need to be straight forward. It is a FS9 portover or it is a native FSX model. IT ISN'T DIFFICULT!It IS false advertising and the developers KNOW IT. That is WRONG. :(I've been mentioning this on forums for the last year or so. I even contacted AVSIM's reviewing staff and asked them to add it to their reviews. Some reviews have that information and others don't depending on the author. I think that's some pretty critical information!

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Looking at the first line in the model.mdl is not enough to say if it is a true native FSX aircraft. That only checks the visual model. You must also evaluate the aircraft.air and .cfg file. Many changes to aircraft.air file were made when FSX was released.Many so called Native FSX aircraft do have a FSX model.mdl but also have a FS2004 aircraft.air file.
Really? Are you able to explicate further on these "changes?"As far as I've been able to determine, there weren't any "changes" per se, but there are some "additions" to the aircraft.cfg parameters to accomodate the new features introduced by SP2/Acceleration......if the model doesn't incorporate any of the new features, then there's no real difference in the aircraft.cfg or the .air files.The only real change that does affect all aircraft.cfg files are the two new ui parameters:ui_typerole="Twin Engine Jet"ui_createdby="Acme Engineering Ltd."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Really? Are you able to explicate further on these "changes?"As far as I've been able to determine, there weren't any "changes" per se, but there are some "additions" to the aircraft.cfg parameters to accomodate the new features introduced by SP2/Acceleration......if the model doesn't incorporate any of the new features, then there's no real difference in the aircraft.cfg or the .air files.The only real change that does affect all aircraft.cfg files are the two new ui parameters:ui_typerole="Twin Engine Jet"ui_createdby="Acme Engineering Ltd."
:(

André

I recently brought this up at an unnamed developer's forum and they acted like I was crazy...Developers really need to be straight forward. It is a FS9 portover or it is a native FSX model. IT ISN'T DIFFICULT!It IS false advertising and the developers KNOW IT. That is WRONG. :( I've been mentioning this on forums for the last year or so. I even contacted AVSIM's reviewing staff and asked them to add it to their reviews. Some reviews have that information and others don't depending on the author. I think that's some pretty critical information!
We use FSX Fully Certified to designate so called "native" FSX Models which contain the MDLXMDLH Headers.We use FSX Fully Certified to designate that we have a separate FSX Fully Certified VC mdl with MDLXMDLH Headers as well. We use FSX Compliant to designate so called "non native or portover" FSX Models which contain MDL8MDLH Headers.While FS9 and FSX Aircraft.cfg files do differ in the values set below their Headers. The Header Text itself has zero effect on the values contained below the Header Text.Header Text has no value and can be left blank or contain "Joe Blows" name and the Aircraft.cfg file will still ignore the Header Text.In short, Aircraft.cfg Header Text is a red herring for those seeking to accuse devs over typos in Header Text. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

We use FSX Fully Certified to designate so called "native" FSX Models which contain the MDLXMDLH Headers.We use FSX Fully Certified to designate that we have a separate FSX Fully Certified VC mdl with MDLXMDLH Headers as well. We use FSX Compliant to designate so called "non native or portover" FSX Models which contain MDL8MDLH Headers.
Now just get every other developer to do that! :(All honest developers easily distinguish between native and portovers, like that ^^^I just find it sad that there are fs devs out there that knowingly use false advertising. :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png