Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Do I need to reinstall in Win7?

JD,Having not flown much in FSX for around a year, due to personnal circumstances, I have recently updated my XP machine to Vista and then subsequently to Windows 7, I still have RC4 installed in an old drive (v.4.3.3843), but when trying to check for updates (as it has been so long since I run RC4) I receive the following error:Run-Time Error '5'RadarContact.rcv4startup.command10.click" Could you advise how best I might get RC4 running again:a) whether RC4 runs under Windows7?:( do I need to reinstall the whole programme again given that I may have an older version? Many thanks for your advice, Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

JD,Having not flown much in FSX for around a year, due to personnal circumstances, I have recently updated my XP machine to Vista and then subsequently to Windows 7, I still have RC4 installed in an old drive (v.4.3.3843), but when trying to check for updates (as it has been so long since I run RC4) I receive the following error:Run-Time Error '5'RadarContact.rcv4startup.command10.click" Could you advise how best I might get RC4 running again:a) whether RC4 runs under Windows7?:( do I need to reinstall the whole programme again given that I may have an older version? Many thanks for your advice, Stuart Hyett
a) rc runs fine with vista and/or windows 7. just run as administrator, every time:( i would uninstall what you have, and re-install 4.3jd

a) rc runs fine with vista and/or windows 7. just run as administrator, every time:( i would uninstall what you have, and re-install 4.3jd
Thanks J-D, I thought that may be the best route to take, but was just wondering if there may have been a quicker option.I have found my version 4 CD, so will give that a try later today. I presume I will need to apply for a new key code too?Regards,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Thanks J-D, I thought that may be the best route to take, but was just wondering if there may have been a quicker option.I have found my version 4 CD, so will give that a try later today. I presume I will need to apply for a new key code too?Regards,Stuart
i'll send you the 4.3 download. don't install the 4.0cdjd

i'll send you the 4.3 download. don't install the 4.0cdjd
Thanks JD, I had just started reinstalling the v.4 when I saw your email and topic post. So aborted and will follow your email instructions. Many thanks,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373