Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

can I take my planes with me if I upgrade?

Hi allThis is my first post, and I would like to know if it is worth my while upgrading from FS2002 Pro to FS2004 when available i the UK?will all the aircraft in FS2002 be in FS2004, if not, is it possible to move the appropriate files over so they can be accessed in FS2004?I am only interested in FS2004 because I read the weather AI is hugely better as is the ATC functionality and there will be increased traffic with better AI, though I am sure there is software sold seperately which does all this for FS2002, IS THIS CORRECT? I don't mind bying the additional software because it would be cheaper than upgrading my AMD 700mh processor and graphics card.I appreciate suggestions.:-wave

Hi,It is my understanding that just about all the default planes from FS2002 are included, in addition to another modern helicopter and a good number of classic planes from the 1920's and 30's. I think the only missing plane is the version of the Cessna with the retracting gear, and it was not modeled that well in FS2002 anyway. Many add-on planes will transfer over as well, assuming they were made in GMAX or the newer version of FSD, and the designer followed the standards that MS set. Not sure what you mean by not minding buying the additional software because it would be cheaper than upgrading your system. Do you mean add-on software or FS2004? The beta testers are telling us that all things being equal, FS2004 runs a little better and looks better than FS2002, so it should run fine on your machine, assuming you set the options and detail setting the same as you run FS2002. If you start adding things like complex weather and clouds, it will of course challenge your machine. Go ahead and get FS2004. It will be the standard, at least till FS2006 or whatever it will be comes along.Tony