Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim W

Laptops

Hey,My brother has a significantly better laptop compared to the main computer I use. I tried installing FS2002 on his laptop today, all went well with instilation. However when the icon was created on the desktop it wasn't the normal one (it was a white window thing). This then resulted in FS not loading up and it very quickly opened and closed DOS. So basically I cant load up fs on his laptop, can anyone help me with this one. I would really like to know how to solve this one to see if I get a much more better performance rate on the laptop.

I have FS2002 installed on my Toshiba Satellite laptop with absolutely no problem at all. There is no reason why the software should not install on a laptop.What I don't understand is your reference to DOS being quickly opened and closed. Have you tried creating your own desktop icon and seeing if that runs the sim? Otherwise, I suspect you may have a corrupt installation.David

Thank for your reply. It seems we both got the same laptop! Have you got 512MB Ram, Intel Pentium 4 and XP?? The icon thats created in the desktop and main FS folder is like this and there doesn't seem to be a way of making FS run.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/22687.jpgYou say about a corrupt installation - would the fact that I said I didnt want to install Acrobat reader have any effect in FS not running?? Also if you do have the same laptop specs as me, how does FS run??

Guest Tim W

HiTry opening up the folder where FS2002 is installed and run the fs2002.exe file from there. If that works you can create a shortcut to that file and put it on the desktop.If that doesn't work then it does indeed sound like a corrupt install. Best to uninstall and try again.regardsTim