Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gary Buska

Need some help here.

For a number of months I have had trouble downloading certain files. Most, if not all of these files have what looks like international punctuation in the filename. The latest one I have problems with is the Istanbul Airlines Boeing 737-800 file. Every time I try to download this file, I get the "page can not be displayed" error. I have successfully downloaded numerous other files between attempts to get this one. Does anyone have an idea why I am experiencing problems with these files? I am running IE 7. Thanks

Guest Gary Buska

If you could provide me with the download ID I will remove these files as they should not be there. The punctuation in the file name is the problem. We as library managers try to catch these and delete them. But I can see some got through. I have allready removed the one you listed thanks for the info Regards,Gary BuskaSenior Library Manager / Forum ModeratorAVSIM Online!www.avsim.com

Thank You very much for your prompt reply Gary. After having these problems I had a hunch that that punctuation could be the problem. Maybe a sticky post somewhere would help the problem. I can't remember all of them, but here are 2 that were mentioned in a previous thread. SweScen Xpansion Skellefte

Guest Gary Buska

Thanks for the info we are looking into this matter and will make a decision as weather to delete them or not. I feel that they should be removed but yet I noticed that both files you mentioned have had over a 1,000 down loads.Regards,Gary BuskaSenior Library Manager / Forum ModeratorAVSIM Online!www.avsim.com