Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Setting Up the Correct Tower View Height

Hi,I've been looking for instructions on how to setup the correct view for the control tower in FS9. It would be the correct view from inside the control tower at the correct heigth. The instructions were once on Flightsim.com and now I can't find it. I've done it once before but it's been a few year back. I remember in the instructions that you align the Cessna 172 to the correct heigth and align it inside the control tower in slew mode within flight simulator, but I don't remember what the instructions were after that. Does anyone know where I can find it or know the instructions. Ken Manning

Hi,I've been looking for instructions on how to setup the correct view for the control tower in FS9. It would be the correct view from inside the control tower at the correct heigth. The instructions were once on Flightsim.com and now I can't find it. I've done it once before but it's been a few year back. I remember in the instructions that you align the Cessna 172 to the correct heigth and align it inside the control tower in slew mode within flight simulator, but I don't remember what the instructions were after that. Does anyone know where I can find it or know the instructions. Ken Manning
Hi Ken - I believe this is what you are after:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...4&Go=SearchHope that helps.

Ken,Look for a small program called AUTOWER and install it in your FS9 modules folder as per the installation instructions. This fantastic little program will automatically take care of all your FS9 tower views at all airports in the world. The program automatically creates it's own AUTOWER.dat file by selecting all tower positions/elevations found in addon Afcad files or in standard ones. If you change any tower positions/elevations in any addon Afcad file then just delete the autower.dat file and the program will create a new one taking your changes into account.You'll be amazed.Hans

Hi Ken - I believe this is what you are after:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...4&Go=SearchHope that helps.
Hi David,Thanks so much. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Hans for the link. This one did not setup the correct tower height and position but I like the fact that wherever I fly to, the tower view is from the airport I land at and not from where I started from. It seems to work like FSX. Ken Manning