Sign in to follow this  
Godfrey

acrew6 CTD

Hi All,I recently became a excited fan of FS2Crew as I had purchased it for PMDG's fantastic MD-11, and was blown away by the immersive facet it brought to flightsimming ! So I decided to make the plunge with this great program for my other complex addons, one of which is the beautiful and complex ATR 72-500 model from Flight 1, for FS9 and FSX. Well, I decided to proceed slowly and install one at a time and then test them as advised by Bryan. But, I can progress no farther in FSX, as I continue to receive CTDs when I try to load the ATR from FSX's main menu. It is specifically stated that there is no need to load a default aircraft first. But, I keep on getting these ctds; even though I have uninstalled and re-installed FS2Crew numerous times, restored and re-restored the panel cfg;, saved the ATR cfg;, ran the FS2Crew Start Center updater, Installed updates 1 & 2, (Not the Flight 1 forum v2 update), and all I could think of, but to no avail. I keep receiving CTDs with the message citing "acrew6.gau" as the offender. :( Please help me to solve this issue so that I can use this great program and run the tutorial flight and many other later ! :( Respectfully,GodfreyG :(

Hi Godfrey,Load the default Cessna first, make sure you're in the 2D cockpit, then load the ATR. It seems to be system specific. Some people need to load the default Cessna first, others don't.All the best,
Hey Bryan,Well, I was hoping to be able to avoid doing that but.....!! :( Anyway, that would be better than nothing, if that works!! I will give it a try and report back. As always, your prompt response is truly appreciated; it is always very reassuring to know that there is at least one good vendor who truly caresabout his customers concerns with his products, and readily assists them, regardless of how repetitive it may sometimes become. Kudos to you Bryan. :( Much Respect,GodfreyG :(

Hi Godfrey,You're welcome. I appreciate the kind words.Loading the Cessna first only takes a few extra seconds, so it's no biggie.That Flight1 ATR is a complex beast, and when they ported it over to FSX it even got more complex.Loading the Cessna first ensures everything initializes properly.Cheers,

Hi Godfrey,You're welcome. I appreciate the kind words.Loading the Cessna first only takes a few extra seconds, so it's no biggie.That Flight1 ATR is a complex beast, and when they ported it over to FSX it even got more complex.Loading the Cessna first ensures everything initializes properly.Cheers,
Hello Bryan,Believe me when I say that you richly deserve the 'kind words' as you call them. I am not of the habit wasting words, nor do I pay unwarranted compliments. You stand out both as a developer of great ingenuity, but also as a "people" oriented person. It is, in my opinion, a 'night and day' comparison when your cordial and civil responses to querries, repetitive though some may be, are compared to the responses, or lack thereof, in some other commercial forums. You, Bryan, and the FS2Crew franchise have got my support as long as I remain a flightsim fan. I am even contemplating thepurchase of the "Maddog" aircraft just because you are making an FS2Crew version of same. In other words, keep up the technical brilliance along with the excellent customer service, and I will definitely choose to remain Yours Faithfully in business. I fully agree that loading the Cessna first does not take long and I will certainly continue to do so, but what I have been experiencing is that after first loading the ATR after the Cessna, I still need to reload the ATR as it does not initialize properly. For example, when I first load the ATR, (after the loading of the Cessna in 2D cockpit, of course), when I turn on the batteries, there would not be any external power available. When I then reload theATR and switch on the batteries, all is well, with the external power green lights illuminated. But, if that is what works for me, and if there are no other hitches, so be it. Your program lends tons of immersiveness to this hobby of ours and I will deal with the little ' hiccups ' to enjoy the larger good ! :( Respectfully,GodfreyG :(

I think if memory serves correct the parking brake needs to be on before you can connect ground power.
Your memory does serve you correct Bryan :( banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

Hi Godfrey,I think if memory serves correct the parking brake needs to be on before you can connect ground power.Pls double check that. You might also want to take a look at the Flight1 ATR forum.Best,
Hey Bryan,Your memory is quite correct and, yes, I do start with the parking brake on. I set parking brake to on in the Cessna when I first load same, and then I verify that it is on when I load the ATR. This may be something specific to my PC but its not a big issue to reload the ATR. When I feel so inclined, I will probably uninstall FS2Crew once again and also the ATR, do some house cleaning and then reinstall them both. I am trying to hold off on such an action though, as I am thinking about building a new and up to date PC, if funds and time become more adequate in quantity. :( As always, thanks for your quick responses and, Cheers.Respectfully,GodfreyG :(

Hello Bryan,NEWS FLASH :( !!! Unfortunately, I was the DODO :( I thoght that I had checked the parking brake on the ATR after having loaded it from theCessna, which did have the brake applied. When I then loaded the ATR and checked, voila !!, no parking brake. When I applied same well,...'All's Well that Ends Well!' I apologize for not having been as thorough as I should have been, and for wasting your time, time which could be spent producing that next great FS2Crew addon; the MadDog, perhaps the JS4100 !!! Cheers !!Respectfully,GodfreyG :(