Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

FS2004 Gold aircraft question

Can you tell me what aircrafts are in FS2004?Like 737, C182 RG, 777, ect.Thanks :)

Seeing the other response, I know you'll know what's available by reviewing the link.What's interesting to note--several aircraft have been redone. The Mooney, the 182, the Lear.... The 182 by itself I could see as having shown up as a payware add-on if Microsoft hadn't done such a nice job redoing it... One thing that can't be done, is porting over one of these new aircraft back into FS2002. Some may think about doing that, as I believe FS2002 will remain on many hard drives until all the add-ons are caught up to FS2004.The classics are pretty interesting. The Jenny is outstanding....flying it over the Midwest gives you a real barnstorming impression. But the Trimotor is the best--an outstanding job was done with it. I normally don't fly classics, but these two aircraft make for some memorable "theme" flights.In the two weeks I've been digging at the Gold release, I haven't found any "show stoppers." Purists will still argue over flight dynamics, but I think Microsoft's team still did a good job getting 90 pct. of the flight envelope right--at least in the hands of a good FDE designer.... I don't think anyone satisfied with FS2002 will feel that the money spent on FS2004 wasn't worth paying. My participation in the beta wasn't without cost--I've invested about $60.00 so far in adding memory alone... Some will budget much more. And I think the general feeling is that it will be worth it...-John

Hi Mr Zig,Historical Aircraft 1903 Wright Flyer Curtiss JN-4 Jenny Vickers Vimy Ryan NYP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

The outstanding thing about nearly all of the Fs2004 aircraft is that they function well. By that I mean they load very quickly, the frame rates are good and the graphics and systems work well on medium to high spec computers, and passably on low spec computers.Of course there will be quibbles with many details and not every aircraft will perform perfectly, but I think many addon developers can learn from the default aircraft in that the defaults function smoothly and with healthy frame rates. The flight models will not always be to everyone's taste but there are distinct improvements. The Lear has been updated with a smart new VC and is now flyable (although I'll be one of the first, I hope, to play with it some more;)Regards,Rob Young

Just wanted to mention,My new favorite is the Robinson R-22 helicopter. I wasn't a real chopper fan in the past, but this one is great fun to fly, has a sharp looking VC (graphics wise) and the exterior is very realistic looking..... in two paint schemes.Even the critics, are "now" finding interesting & positive flight dynamics with this helicopter. Can easily be "tweaked" for sensitivities, etc. L.Adamson