Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike707

FS2004 / FS2002 and landclass addons?

Would current users please comment on how big an improvement various landclass updates (new england freeware in library, FSGenesis, others?) provide over default landclass? In practice, just how large do landclass 'tiles' appear in FS (couple of square miles, much smaller or larger than that?) Justin, is there a way to get some more before and after shots of your US landclass 103 in 2k2 and 2k4? Thanks for any info!sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

yep, it's on my extensive "things-to-do" list.I have a few shots up in the Gallery at my new web site that shows the USLC in FS2004, but no before and after shots yet. I'll get some up over the next couple of days.The resolution of landclass is roughly 1.2 Km . . .-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

I wrote Landclass Assistant, and the amount of improvement a simple landclass update can do is amazing. The tile size is approx not very large in the mid-latitudes--less than one mile on a side. And the logic built into MSFS blends them with their surrounding tiles, so you don't know they're there unless you've seen a "before" shot.FS2004 maintains good backward compatibility with both photoreal scenery and landclass scenery.What the landclass updates allow is fine tuning landclass according to current use. A project as large as MSFS has to access data sources from many periods--some areas of the globe haven't been "Scanned" as often as others. Landclassing allows us to get it "just right"....I don't have access to the sims at the moment, but do a search for Landclass Assistant on google. I believe a few of the sites hosting it do show before and after shots...-John

Guest Mike707

I don't fully understand what this means, sorry. Does this mean that the ground will look less out of focus out of the box or with some tweaking?

Guest Mike707

JohnCi, Any thoughts. Thanks.